Rant: Legions Community

Application-1

test bester
lol i have gone on a lot... "which is why i don't hang out there ANYMORE"
Oh well not all of us are idiots, people can always come online and check if there are /normal/ people online. Just remember not all of us are idiots.
So come on teamspeak some time and see if you can play a pug with /normal/ people.

Dacil

Funny how you think the loud obnoxious people are the only ones on teamspeak.
yeah, cause, i said that >_> hahah

edit: you might not want to think things are funny that never even occurred in what i said...it doesn't make sense =/

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
yeah, cause, i said that >_> hahah

edit: you might not want to think things are funny that never even occurred in what i said...it doesn't make sense =/

That's obviously what you think. You don't seem to talk to other people who are actually quite decent on teamspeak, but alas, are also quite quiet.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
That's obviously what you think. You don't seem to talk to other people who are actually quite decent on teamspeak, but alas, are also quite quiet.

Forever_Alone.png

Karnage

Private Tester
Guys, if you don't experience TS that way then fine. I was talking for myself and the other people who, when they have gone on to TS have had very unpleasant experiences (on more than one occasion) that made them not want to come back. And Fireblasto, as I recall I have always been decent to you on our TS even when other people didn't want you around so your sarcasm is rather hurtful and quite unwarranted.

Gheist, I hear you. I understand that you guys have your hands full and that you do do a lot about these people but I hope you can see how glaringly blatant the nepotism is sometimes. I believe this is a natural consequence of the fact that the people who run the show are also part of the community. There is nothing that can be done to change that but I think it means that the devs and mods need to be extra vigilant when it comes to monitoring themselves and be as objective and impartial as they reasonably can.

I would suggest something like a report button or function in the forums so that if there are trolls you can report the post immediately. Dunno how much control you guys have over that aspect of the site though.

As for TS, perhaps it would be an idea to create password protected channels for the various clans, with the members of those clans having channel admin.? Of course, I realise there may simply be too many clans for that but if there aren't too many, it might help. It's not the answer, I know, but maybe it's a step forward. Most people are in clans and if they don't like what is happening in the public channel they can move to their clan channel and invite their friends by giving them the password.

Immanent

I would suggest something like a report button or function in the forums so that if there are trolls you can report the post immediately. Dunno how much control you guys have over that aspect of the site though.

Troll report button or...?
Because there's a report button under every post (incase you didn't notice, but I'm sure you did)

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Guys, if you don't experience TS that way then fine. I was talking for myself and the other people who, when they have gone on to TS have had very unpleasant experiences (on more than one occasion) that made them not want to come back. And Fireblasto, as I recall I have always been decent to you on our TS even when other people didn't want you around so your sarcasm is rather hurtful and quite unwarranted.

Yeah True. I just don't like how you guys are cut off so much from the rest of the community and the fact that you seem to be structured by a very strict environment.

As for TS, perhaps it would be an idea to create password protected channels for the various clans, with the members of those clans having channel admin.? Of course, I realise there may simply be too many clans for that but if there aren't too many, it might help. It's not the answer, I know, but maybe it's a step forward. Most people are in clans and if they don't like what is happening in the public channel they can move to their clan channel and invite their friends by giving them the password.

Both these things have already happened, pop on to the legions teamspeak every so often.

Karnage

Private Tester
Well, well look at that. There's a report button! And channels for clans on TS! I can't believe they acted on my suggestions so quickly! :p Okay, so scrap my suggestions then.

We are not strict Fireblasto. We just don't tolerate nastiness, racism, sexism...you get the picture.