Rant: Legions Community

GReaper

Grumpy
The Public Test client is only needed when there are changes which aren't backwards compatible with the files on the Live channel. I don't really want players to go through the hassle of downloading 130MB or more just to play on a server when it isn't needed.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Make the servers invisible. We wouldn't get questions about pw and only those who read the blog posts would know about them. Case closed! Everyone who spreads the information gets banned from Legions and any CoD game permanently.

Hahaha, I agree ! :p

The Public Test client is only needed when there are changes which aren't backwards compatible with the files on the Live channel. I don't really want players to go through the hassle of downloading 130MB or more just to play on a server when it isn't needed.

No, I meant having an opt-in button on the website that a user must press to get access to the public test server, rather than doing something on the public test channel.

Apcizzle

Maybe this is your first community you've been apart of, but every community has a handful of assholes, immature children and a bunch more categories. Nothing can be done about it. Its just the way it is. Don't take it personally. Just realize it's just the internet and everything will be ok.

I take great offense at Immanent's negative influence and behaviour in the Legions community. You should be ashamed of yourself. Jesus said it best, "Herpaderpaderps, he that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her, derpity herpity derpaderp. Derp."

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I'm talking about within legions itself. I've been part of the euro and Asian, and it's obvious many people don't like one of them, and even SOMEBODY who just comes into an Asian server and starts saying extremely degrading stuff. Some of the community really lack respect.

Its called the internet, not legions itself. I've had to learn that fact recently as well, so get used to it.

w00tyou

Dude, you can rant all you want but this thread is just going to end up in a trolololololololol flamewar. Or a *chocolate cookies* load of people telling you "oh its the internet get used to it." ;)
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”
Albert Einstein

Karnage

Private Tester
I am with Immanent on this. Forget the specific details of what he has posted (he may not have been wise to use that particular example). It's a matter of principle. I have seen people making perfectly decent suggestions only to be told to go *dance* a goat in the very first response. There are trolls in this community who are allowed to get away with the most insane vulgarity and pure rudeness just because they are buddy-buddy with devs or mods. For instance, I took offence and finally posted in a certain thread about one particular troll who was just always getting away with the worst kind of posts. I asked that this person be reprimanded and even removed from the forums. What happened? My post got removed and I was told not to derail important threads! This was after said troll had already been trolling that thread. Utterly ridiculous nepotism. This is just one example. My point is that something needs to be done about the nastiness, the racism, sexism, vulgarity and plain rudeness of some members of this community, whether they are friends with the higher-ups or not.

Oh and Immanent, remember it's best not to hang out in the L:O TS because that is where you will get that kind of *chocolate cookies*. You are welcome in our server any time. We don't put up with that sort of thing there. If it happens in there, try and record it and let me know.

Mots0311

LOL! GReaper is now a "Grumpy Developer". Guess he is getting tired of the bitching. If I were a Dev I wouldve told the whiners to get F....D a long time ago.

w00tyou

My point is that something needs to be done about the nastiness, the racism, sexism, vulgarity and plain rudeness of some members of this community, whether they are friends with the higher-ups or not.
What can we do???!!
Ban them from the Forums? TS3? From Legions?

Dacil

For instance, I took offence and finally posted in a certain thread about one particular troll who was just always getting away with the worst kind of posts. I asked that this person be reprimanded and even removed from the forums. What happened? My post got removed and I was told not to derail important threads! This was after said troll had already been trolling that thread. Utterly ridiculous nepotism. This is just one example.
and there are many many more examples out there....it's pathetic. there has been the same sorts of bias in pugs for the longest time as well (US, of course) and i don't ever see it getting better, as i said in the last post; only way i see it actually MAYBE getting better is the community size and pug participant size increase dramatically so it's not as "tight-knit" and THEN maybe i'll consider playing in those pugs

but anyways good points carnage and I agree that something should be done about the nastiness, racism, sexism, etc. but realistically...how can things get done about it when there's limited people who actually would

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] My point is that something needs to be done about the nastiness, the racism, sexism, vulgarity and plain rudeness of some members of this community, whether they are friends with the higher-ups or not. [...]
As I've already told you: Report posts that offend you. That's what this feature is here for, use it. If people do not report what they deem to be "crossing a line", there's no reason to complain about lowered standards afterwards. If you believe it or not, you, as part of the community, are who's responsible for the environment here, just like everyone else. In the end, you set the rules (at least to a certain degree). In addition, keep in mind that most warnings etc. happen in private (IRC, PMs, etc.), without you ever noticing anything. And you have no idea how many posts we have to nuke and/or edit every day.

Bottom line: Report what offends you. All of you. If you don't, stop complaining.

Dacil

In addition, keep in mind that most warnings etc. happen in private (IRC, PMs, etc.), without you ever noticing anything.

so you're saying something was said to the troll in carnage's unfortunate incident? cause if so, carnage should've been told about his post actually being respected even though it was deleted....if not, the deletion of such a "report" looks very very bad.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Oh and Immanent, remember it's best not to hang out in the L:O TS because that is where you will get that kind of *chocolate cookies*. You are welcome in our server any time. We don't put up with that sort of thing there. If it happens in there, try and record it and let me know.

I think that's very sterotypical Karnage, and I think you're overreacting a bit here. I spend plenty of time on the legions teamspeak channels and although stuff like this does go down rarely, the majority of the community are actually very decent. Following up on your other part where you said that this kind of thing doesn't go down, I'll remember not to breath on the 57th server again.

Dacil

I think that's very sterotypical Karnage, and I think you're overreacting a bit here. I spend plenty of time on the legions teamspeak channels and although stuff like this does go down rarely, the majority of the community are actually very decent. Following up on your other part where you said that this kind of thing doesn't go down, I'll remember not to breath on the 57th server again.
no, he's not....different ppl have different experiences/opinions about what goes down on TS, me included, which is why I don't hang out there anymore....also, some people see "stuff like this go down" more often then others, and the majority of the community imo are not decent, but I realize it could be worse

and what do you mean by "not to breath on the 57th server again"?