Ranks.

Armageddon

Teapot
Lol, ok. But one thing that bothers me is that Legions is starting to die. Just giving some stuff out there that Pubplayers or new players would like instead of playing a game for a good 30 minutes not earning anything except shooting and grabbing flags in different ways. Im done with Legions for now. Once this game has more competition and more things worth playing for then it might be more interesting. lol COD has way more players then this for a "So Called" shitty game. GG's
Thanks for your comments

You want more competition but you're leaving?

i dun git et

anak

VIP
i doubt the devs will be motivated to invest their time into ranking systems just to keep skepsis here.

57thRomance

Eh... I'm too lazy and have more than just a life to spend countless hours working my way up to the highest rank. Besides, what would they be called? Someone has to elaborate on this and give a better incentive rather than just say "CAN WE HAS RANKS?"

Delpicy

The only think I see wrong with Delp's post is that achievements sometimes (by sometimes I mean very, very frequently) distract the player from the objective of the game. We had that back when the NanuNanu's were up, and killing achievements turned every game into a giant TDM with flags, even though they weren't supposed to affect gameplay. Maybe multiple achievements would work, but I dunno if in-game achievements would be a smart choice to make.

Sorry for not being clear. I meant to say that all killing achieves (apart from spectaular kills, ex. chase sniping or long MAs) would be for TDM only. I feel your pain. I was trying to say the achieves should advance the current type of gameplay, as in TDM people would be trying to put together killstreaks and get more kills, and for CTF people would try to cap better and defend better.

stop writing pillars of text about a subject that literally has two facets. learn to write efficiently.
I apologize if reading hurts your eyes. I just like to fully explain my position on a topic as to provide more constructive ideas/criticism to the drawing board. No one is making you read my large posts.
Dear seymore,
please lock this thread already and recommend using the already existing threads
Agreed.

Angel.

Private Tester
Ucan has a point..... i would like a rank system but i wouldnt want everyone to do stupid things in game just to get it first or to be on the top.... we just have to find a way to make ranks work

anak

VIP
i have no problem reading large amounts of text. i have a problem when the large amount of text i'm reading could easily have been written in two sentences.

Skepsis

Ranking up by CTF gameplay/clutches of the sort. Im trying to say that a Ranking system would probably let People play Legions more. For the People who say that People Brag about there Rank just because there high rankers doesn't mean anything lol. You can always prove that Ranks do not Matter Skillwise by taking a low ranker and just owning the crap out of a high ranker. High Ranking just means how much Exp you have with the game. You can always learn and adjust Quickly.

Delpicy

I like the Halo ranking system. Not the way Reach ranks, but the original way. Depending on your skill/psat record of W vs. L, you'd rank up and down. More wins, the faster you rank up. If you get a bunch of Losses, you rank down. If you don't play, you stay where you are. But since sometimes you have no control because your team sometimes blows, it would haveta depend on more factors than that. Having a seperate TDM and CTF rank would help, just like Halo had seperate ranks for its different gametypes. Number of kills/ kill-death ratio(no counting suicides) would factor into TDM. CTF would be a bit trickier...but I am sure it can be done

@ Anak: Sorry, I like to ramble :p

Gravis

I think some private ranking statistics will help balance out player rotations between maps if the devs can implement a system that weighs K/D ratios, Grabs/Caps ratios (successful), Blocks (defending)/Return ratios, etc., to determine who's on what side when the map is loading. I say private because these ratios would only mean anything to the individual, which could be seen by said player in their profile (main LO page). Other than that, ranks are as pointless as scores. I mean if you want people to compete in a team-based game, let the clans do the talking and not an individual player list.

On that thought, maybe we COULD have ranks based on team-work and effectiveness? Since scores are meaningless anyway, rewarding people for helping their team would help give people some incentive to do better; some anyway. I would suspect this ranking would be a mode of sorts that could be turned off on some servers for those wanting to screw around. It could be purely for pubs, in that case.

Just a thought

DOS4/GW

A team currency or resource system? Maybe, but probably wouldn't be something to try until much further down the road.

Ranks and unlocks? Absolutely no.

Skepsis

Having Unlocks for certain Ranks I think is a good Idea because Players would play more and more to unlock certain Weapons. To them it would probably be really exciting, But Legions doesn't have that much Weaps atm so this "Unlocks" would be in the future. Creating a huge list of Ranks from maybe 1-100. As like any other game with Ranks you will Rank up Quicker as you are still a beginner then it starts to become slow as an Exp Rank. Imo, Having Ranks and Unlocks would probably have Players excited trying to level up and get Weapons. Most of the players know that Skill and Ranks are 2 different things.