Ranks.

Skepsis

This might have been mentioned before, But In my opinion I think Legions should have Ranks that would allow People to unlock certain things. Maybe in the future legions has more weapons that could only be unlocked at a certain Rank. Legions can have its own ranking feature instead of the same old Army Ranks. This would allow People to play more and longer to raise there Rank. What do you think?

HellzHere

Lets not turn this game into COD, and have twats thinking there better then someone cos there of a higher rank. Ranks determine skill my ass

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
/me faceplams

Really, search before starting a fail thread that no one wants to contribute to properly, especially when there are threads out there that talk about these things.

MJ1284

This might have been mentioned before, But In my opinion I think Legions should have Ranks that would allow People to unlock certain things. Maybe in the future legions has more weapons that could only be unlocked at a certain Rank. Legions can have its own ranking feature instead of the same old Army Ranks. This would allow People to play more and longer to raise there Rank. What do you think?

Also

Skepsis

Lol, ok. But one thing that bothers me is that Legions is starting to die. Just giving some stuff out there that Pubplayers or new players would like instead of playing a game for a good 30 minutes not earning anything except shooting and grabbing flags in different ways. Im done with Legions for now. Once this game has more competition and more things worth playing for then it might be more interesting. lol COD has way more players then this for a "So Called" shitty game. GG's
Thanks for your comments

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Lol, ok. But one thing that bothers me is that Legions is starting to die.

Not really, the points that you raised in that post were valid, but hardly worth worrying about until much later. COD only has more players because it really looks after its lower end players and makes it enjoyable. Legions in my opinion can't do that particularly well due to the learning curve of the game. Eventually, once the game is out of beta, higher-end competition will really start to emerge. You're expecting too much from a game in beta. Indeed, I only stick around now because of the high-level pickup play that I'm good at, and I will keep playing that because I enjoy it, and I enjoy the game in what state it is now. You evidently do not :(

Edit: As Freeman said, truer words were never truer.

Skepsis

cods also mass marketed. this is not.

you wont leave, you'll probably just make a smurf and play under that

Lol, TROLLALERT OMG!
Why would I smurf and keep playing for a game Ive lost hope for? lolsssss

O and Btw if anyone here has COD Black Ops on Ps3 come add me and let's PLAY! :D

Disci

Old man
Lol, TROLLALERT OMG!
Why would I smurf and keep playing for a game Ive lost hope for? lolsssss

O and Btw if anyone here has COD Black Ops on Ps3 come add me and let's PLAY! :D

Sorry, but you sound like someone who would play COD. Says a lot. Now beat it *dancing* *lovely lady*!

Synista

I would, but my PS3 has dust, it's all about the Xbox, son!

Indeed, I only stick around now because of the high-level pickup play
Trust me here, the PuG's we play now are NOWHERE near "High-level". It's pretty mediocre, you're getting "high-level" mixed up with organisation (which is still pretty poor to be honest). Unless your standards are low, which I can't blame you due to the majority of null and .fi lack of participation, then yes, it'll be high-leveled.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Trust me here, the PuG's we play now are NOWHERE near "High-level". It's pretty mediocre, you're getting "high-level" mixed up with organisation (which is still pretty poor to be honest). Unless your standards are low, which I can't blame you due to the majority of null and .fi lack of participation, then yes, it'll be high-leveled.

It's the higest level we have?

Karnage

Private Tester
Back on topic: Sure we don't want it to turn into COD but at the same there might be some merit to this, at least to the extent that one can distinguish between beginner, intermediate and advanced players. I say this purely because I would like to see the game become more noob-friendly. If there were these three 'ranks' based on experience and not on points then one could also create servers for those specific ranks. Beginners would then play beginners in the noob servers (no advanced/intermediate players allowed) and the same would apply to the other ranks. You would be allowed to play only in servers that reflect your rank. That way noobs wouldn't have to put up with experienced players beating up on them for fun and experienced players wouldn't have to put up with noobs spoiling the game. You could have some designated 'helpers' though who would be allowed in the noob server despite their ranking, in order to give the noobs some guidance. Of course I realise this would probably take a lot of scripting etc. but it is just a suggestion, a place to start. Then there is the point that having the ability to host our own servers more or less fixes this problem anyway. Just a thought.

Libra

there is a flaw in that unless u have some sort of ip verification system, anyone can just create another account to pound on noobs for fun. lol

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
My concern with segregating players into 'beginner', 'intermediate', or 'advanced' servers is separating an already small community into even smaller segments. I think a 'free play' mode (similar to the current Duel servers) with tutorial messages, 'duck shoot' modes, etc, would be a better direction to help adjust new players to Legions gameplay.

Also, Seymour's still not a fan of unlocks that allow a player an advantage over the other (ie: new weapons). Unlocks in the form of superficial ranks, achievements, etc would be cool, though.

Delpicy

Delp thinks that Legions should have titles/achieves similar to WoW (bear with me)

Imagine if someone is doing ridiculous cappin, and gets all 10 caps in the game. What do they get? Not even a pat on the back. Now, wouldn't it be awesome if after the last cap a little achievement popped up on the bottom saying, you have achieved "Mastuh Leejunz" (I don't know what to call it, but you get the point). You can view your achieves, and possibly (if you are obsessive) others. It adds a sense of selfaccomplishment. Delp is a "sniper" (ain't no good nohow), and feels like sometimes his amazin chase snipes go unappreciated. We could add a little achieve saying you sniped someone going over 88m/s (also no OSniping achieves. I hate OSnipers). Point is, we could add a zillion achieves that won't affect gameplay, or could possibly improve it, as people go for capping 10 times. Obviously there are people that take achievements to the extreme, but the x number of kills achieves could be strictly for TDM and so forth.

Now, will this get you anything? Maybe if you accomplish a super insane one you could color your name to be purple instead of the usual color, but no. This prevents losers for playing games solely for the purpose of getting achieves.

Obviously there would be a MA one...

Also, who says you can't get it again? Have each one have a tally for how many times you got it and the most times in one game.

Now Delp is no dev, but he believes this shouldn't be too difficult on a coding standpoint. It is possible to figure out if you killed someone, or MA'ed them, or got a cap, just look at Rockey's stat tracking mod. And if you can see your own speed, shouldn't it be easy for the game to figure out the speed of the capper you just sniped? (like, idk, a method called getSpeed()). I think the hardest part would probably making it check during the game (can always make it check for achieves afterwards, who really cares), and thinking up all the achieves. That of course Delp thinks would be a great for members to contribute their ideas to a massive thread, where the devs pick and choose.

Delp is writing this half asleep, and apologizes for ...well anything, really.

Oh god, I'm catching the habit!

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
The only think I see wrong with Delp's post is that achievements sometimes (by sometimes I mean very, very frequently) distract the player from the objective of the game. We had that back when the NanuNanu's were up, and killing achievements turned every game into a giant TDM with flags, even though they weren't supposed to affect gameplay. Maybe multiple achievements would work, but I dunno if in-game achievements would be a smart choice to make.

I also agree with Seymour that superficial ranks would be cool, though, without hindering the player's in-game performance and decision making.