Ranks.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Having Unlocks for certain Ranks I think is a good Idea because Players would play more and more to unlock certain Weapons.

Have you not read the feedback from the pages in this thread? That's never going to happen.

Skepsis

Have you not read the feedback from the pages in this thread? That's never going to happen.

Grow up a bit Blasto and give a better response please instead of being a dick. I have read the pages in this thread but I am just backing up My opinion of having Ranks and Unlocks being more of a good thing and not bad.

MJ1284

Having Unlocks for certain Ranks I think is a good Idea because Players would play more and more to unlock certain Weapons.

Thing is, these unlockable weapons either are OPed as hell and take out any bit of fun or they're so weak nobody bothers to unlock them. It works in singleplayer games because every player can decide wheter they use these "extra" weapons or stick with default ones, in multiplayer games it's "Unlock the weapons or you're *danced*". Let's take any MMORPG as an example here: You're strolling around the field when all the sudden you run into hostile player who is 30+ levels higher than you. Think you have any chance to fight back? I doubt it. Ranks and Unlockables are just like Levels and Skills/Talents in RPGs.

If anything it'll make new players quickly lose interest in Legions when old players are running around with weapons that have ridiculously higher rate of fire/damage output. And that's more of a bad thing than a good thing.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Grow up a bit Blasto and give a better response please instead of being a dick. I have read the pages in this thread but I am just backing up My opinion of having Ranks and Unlocks being more of a good thing and not bad.

Yeah, but the thing is that a developer has even basically said that these things are never going to happen:

Also, Seymour's still not a fan of unlocks that allow a player an advantage over the other (ie: new weapons). Unlocks in the form of superficial ranks, achievements, etc would be cool, though.

MJ has also just explained why it would be a bad thing, backing up your point of view is ok, just not when your argument is the same on the first post - perhaps you should adapt your argument to counter our claims, instead of reposting the same stuff on the first post.

Synista

Yeah, but the thing is that a developer has even basically said that these things are never going to happen
How many times have you changed your mind in your life? Many. To change someones mind, you must put your point accross, be persuasive. Just because a Developer(s) said "No" doesn't mean you still can't persuade him/her into it. No is never the final answer.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
How many times have you changed your mind in your life? Many. To change someones mind, you must put your point accross, be persuasive. Just because a Developer(s) said "No" doesn't mean you still can't persuade him/her into it. No is never the final answer.

How many times have you talked BS? I explained in my above post my point of view, that he SHOULD change his approach to the argument, as what he has said is not realistic and will most likely not happen. Perhaps that it should be considered, but something tells me that it has been considered. I used Seymour's post to get my own point across, as I agree with it, which is exactly what I did.

Skepsis

You're strolling around the field when all the sudden you run into hostile player who is 30+ levels higher than you. Think you have any chance to fight back? I doubt it. Ranks and Unlockables are just like Levels and Skills/Talents in RPGs.

This would make the player want to level up even higher to unlock those weapons. Creating a weapon that isn't too OP and the Weaps we have now is great Default Weapons. We can also create Unlockable weapons that are balanced. Having a strength and weakness to every weapon. Probably Classes that can be Unlocked at a certain Rank?

Trundle

As a horrible casual player, this idea is very bad. I do not want to log in because the skill level of recent "noobs" is already beyond mine, let alone the good players. I can't play anymore. It is a waste of time. Of mine and others (yes I am slow @ online games). This game already suffers from this. I cannot get anyone into this game because of the rapage they get on log in. Why compound this?

Giving titles and rewards to the good players will only segregate the population further. Already ppl are quitting due to lack of challenge.