Quick Chat Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draconator

Oh c'mon, no Tribes quickchats? Cant you ask them? It WAS a PART of Legions... and what about the helmet and skin selection? how long would it be?

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Oh c'mon, no Tribes quickchats? Cant you ask them? It WAS a PART of Legions...

IA had also secured the rights to do a browser-based version of Tribes 1, which is likely how they got the rights to the sound files. That's no longer the case, as Hi-Res owns Tribes. The Tribes sound files weren't IA's to give us.

All that aside, we do want folks to be able to make their own quickchat voice packs. You never know what the community will come up with.

Disci

Old man
If you mean that you make a custom chat so that everyone hears it? No and that's a good thing. You can make one and ofcos those who uses the same custom chat can hear it.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
wewt, is it possible for us to make QC for the game so everyone can hear it?

I'm not sure if it's implemented as an option just yet (though I'm guessing it is), but yes, we definitely want people to be able to make their own Quick Chat voice packs. However, in order to hear other people's custom voice packs, you'll have to download them.

I remember an old Tribes 2 voice pack, this massive accumulation of quotes from all sorts of movies and TV shows. I loved that thing.

Voltz

Voices are very useful if used properly. Even the taunts are nice (but it depends on how easily provoked one is).
I'm happy they're back. I hope the creative people in this community come up with new voice packs soon. :)
GJ Devs

Status
Not open for further replies.