Private Clan Servers

Sin

Private Tester
The devs are simply being smart. If they allow at this crucial time in development for private servers i.e. clans, groups, etc. to be hosted, public games will die out, and the people not ingrained in the community or in a clan will be sitting alone in a pub server with nothing to do, will quit, and the game will not spread, thus legions will not spread. Waiting is the best option right now.

Mahidhar

The devs are simply being smart. If they allow at this crucial time in development for private servers i.e. clans, groups, etc. to be hosted, public games will die out, and the people not ingrained in the community or in a clan will be sitting alone in a pub server with nothing to do, will quit, and the game will not spread, thus legions will not spread. Waiting is the best option right now.

As if that's not happening now. It's interesting how people like to think about community fracturing and all that, which they think happen because of private servers, but no one had a problem with that, when Legions was in IA. These days, PUBS are what making people stay from the game. We see the same people, play same game mode, hundreds of times. We meet the same idiots and trolls in the game, everytime. I personally, am sick of this game, and so are my friends. I've been playing Global Agenda lately, and it's very refreshing. I will wait, but I do not except anything to show up, anytime soon.

GrimReefer

Is Legions Overdrive even advertising?

Sin

Private Tester
As if that's not happening now. It's interesting how people like to think about community fracturing and all that, which they think happen because of private servers, but no one had a problem with that, when Legions was in IA. These days, PUBS are what making people stay from the game. We see the same people, play same game mode, hundreds of times. We meet the same idiots and trolls in the game, everytime. I personally, am sick of this game, and so are my friends. I've been playing Global Agenda lately, and it's very refreshing. I will wait, but I do not except anything to show up, anytime soon.
I think you're forgetting that Legions is NOT a supported game by any company, it is simply being grinded out by the devs hard working selves, out of their own time, possibly cutting into their job. By saying that legions is different than it was back in IA, of course it is. We had a few hundred more players, and it was under a paid workforce, with advertising. This, not being finished, would be utterly stupid to advertise, because the people the advertising brought in would simply find some of the kinks, and write it off. Back in IA, legions was a "completed" game running through updates, with a lot more room for people to find it, being one of the many games hosted. I personally took offense at "I do not expect anything to show up, anytime soon." State the obvious, the devs, as I said, aren't getting paid, and this isn't their job. Bashing the game on the forums will get you no where.

Mahidhar

You misunderstood me. I was addressing the part where you said, that if the devs introduced private servers, the community would just be fractured. I was saying, that when people HAD all the private servers and everything, they were still playing in public games, and were not complaining about community status(being fractured and all that). It's because of being forced to play in public games all the time, where everyone has to put up with all kinds of idiots in game, that people leave. PUGs happen, but we all know how they end up.

As for my statement of not expecting things in the near future, I was implying at increased game activity, competition and maturity in servers. I respect the developers' efforts on this game.