Private Clan Servers

How about giving each clan their own server. Some people don't know how to install ts3 or don't have a micro. Some don't know the passes for the private servers that are already implemented and when people try to practise other people come in and ruin it by attacking you or a game starts.But if each clan had their own server they could practise by themselves or invite recruits to try out. How bout it Clan servers. And the servers could be given names like ex: Private PwnCakes
or anything How bout it :D

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
How about giving each clan their own server. Some people don't know how to install ts3 or don't have a micro. Some don't know the passes for the private servers that are already implemented and when people try to practise other people come in and ruin it by attacking you or a game starts.But if each clan had their own server they could practise by themselves or invite recruits to try out. How bout it Clan servers. And the servers could be given names like ex: Private PwnCakes
or anything How bout it :D

Player hosted servers are coming, clans may chose to host their own. If I have any resources to do so, spektrum may host one. Private servers are fine for clan practices at the moment, and you can request to use one from Greaper if you're in Europe, or any American developer in US.

Karnage

Private Tester
This kind of thing would be first on my list of priorities for the game but I have been told that the devs are still wary of fracturing the community. I disagree that fracturing will occur. In the IA days there was no fracturing, for example. Also, I think this will probably give rise to formal competition which can only be good for the game. I know that if our clan had a private server I would be willing to contribute to that financially.

Financially is the problem. Most people still rely on the devs and mods and stuff to use their own income. I wish I could help em but what can a 13 yr old kid in the caribbean do.But this Private Clan servers thing would be really good for competition ^_^

Karnage

Private Tester
Player hosted servers are coming, clans may chose to host their own. If I have any resources to do so, spektrum may host one. Private servers are fine for clan practices at the moment, and you can request to use one from Greaper if you're in Europe, or any American developer in US.
There is no deadline for this yet Fireblasto and they are stalling on it for the reasons I gave above. I do not think it is high on their list of priorities while it is very high on many players' list of priorities. If I am correct then Lumpy is suggesting we keep the current system intact and simply create more private servers (such as the ones we have now) for particular clans which are willing to fork out the money.

There is no deadline for this yet Fireblasto and they are stalling on it for the reasons I gave above. I do not think it is high on their list of priorities while it is very high on many players' list of priorities. If I am correct then Lumpy is suggesting we keep the current system intact and simply create more private servers (such as the ones we have now) for particular clans which are willing to fork out the money.
Exactly.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux

Indeed, but why would you need your own server? I understand that 57th might have plans to host their own, but coming from my point of view as leader of spektrum, there's no point to this when you can easily request a private server from Greaper to practice on.

Karnage

Private Tester
Okay, we posted at the same time so I did not see Lumpy's message. If they could do it for free that would be awesome but the problem is that the clanscape is so arbitrary and is constantly changing. I mean people are creating new clans all the time. Then they fold again. There would have to be a way to ensure that the clans are going to keep going for a while. Perhaps they should look at the clan history and if they have been around for a certain length of time they qualify. This might discourage people from creating new clans every few days as well. Just a suggestion of course.

Okay, we posted at the same time so I did not see Lumpy's message. If they could do it for free that would be awesome but the problem is that the clanscape is so arbitrary and is constantly changing. I mean people are creating new clans all the time. Then they fold again. There would have to be a way to ensure that the clans are going to keep going for a while. Perhaps they should look at the clan history and if they have been around for a certain length of time they qualify. This might discourage people from creating new clans every few days as well. Just a suggestion of course.
Some people create clans just for fun. A user would be Gaga and their clan would be Lady so their ingame would appear as Lady Gaga But old clans like 57th,void,Cs,Fe and others would be great for their own.

More servers = more money needed. In order for them to host server exclusively for clans, the clans would have to produce the funding for their server or they don't get one.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Lets keep the conversation civil. If you're unable to partake in a civilized conversation, perhaps refrain from the conversation. Carry on!