Place your support against bullying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calimo

ko.gif

Propkid

Bullying builds character. Quit crying, put you're big girl pants on and move along.
Trufact. I really hate to say this but people just have to go through it. You won't learn if you won't fall, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger etc. etc.
I might be biased though cos I'm pro conserving some degree of natural selection within the society xD

Strife

Survival of the Fittest...blah..blah...plus..life ain't fair if you hadn't noticed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survival_of_the_fittest

"Survival of the fittest" is a phrase which is commonly used in contexts other than intended by its first two proponents: British polymathphilosopher Herbert Spencer (who coined the term) and Charles Darwin.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/340400.html

This survival of the fittest, implies multiplication of the fittest."
"This survival of the fittest... is that which Mr. Darwin has called 'natural selection, or the preservation of favoured races in the struggle for life'."
By 'fittest', of course, Spencer and Darwin didn't have in mind the commonly used meaning of the word now, i.e. the most highly trained and physically energetic. The 'fittest' referred to here are those animals which are the most suited to their environment, i.e. those which are best fitted to survive.

That scrawny kid got his ass kicked though.

Heartsong

Fitness in the Darwinian sense isn't even about survival. It's about how many healthy offspring an organism can produce in order to carry on its genetic code.

Fixious

Test Lead
God I hate the recent movement against bullying. *dancing* man up and defend yourself. Crying to your parents or the media these days only makes things worse, both for the kid and school. We had this exact issue a few years ago when I was a freshman, though the 'victim' was actually an 8th grader. I could explain it all, but basically the b!tch complained, school did nothing, parents when public and got media attention, schools finally took notice and decided to start 'anti-bullying classes' which cost our schools thousands of dollars. The result? Nothing. The teachers didn't even like doing the classes.

tl;dr: Fat kid is my hero.

Freeman

RAYTANG
My school doesn't have bullies...:/ kinda wish we did though, too many kids running around school like they run the place.

Dacil

agreed, builds character...i was bullied for a short while in middle school...turns out the dirt bag liked me. what the heck...so FYI if you like a girl, don't bully her, it'll PROBABLY give the wrong impression, just sayin

Strife

Punishing the boy for defending himself is absurd. It's really stupid to call people troglodytes for praising a bullied child that learned how to defend himself. It seems that the psychologist is pretending that we're some extremely sophisticated race that's completely above violence when it's an integral part of our nature. I can understand trying to keep violence out of schools but I'd say you really have to keep pushing someone to make them lift you up and drop you on your skull on a concrete sidewalk. I hope that teachers and counselors aren't still pretending that the "cold shoulder" technique is a viable solution. God those classes were so stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.