Download [OUTDATED] Legions Aero

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Legions Aero is a Client/Server mod. It adds four new armor classes in addition to the loadouts and weapons listed below: Striker (light Aero), Crasher (medium Aero), Bomber (heavy Aero), and Dreadnought (v. heavy Aero). Aero classes have slightly increased thrust, significantly increased mass and energy, and slightly reduced health. This leads to classes that are able to remain airborne for much longer. Because they also have high drag, they are impractical for moving at high speeds and better at hovering and making small movements.

If you have any suggestions as to something to modify a weapon/class to, feel free to do so. If you would like to do the last stages of artwork, I'd appreciate the help.

Vulcan Cannon: lower damage than CG but much higher RoF and less spread
Sidewinder Missile: higher RoF than normal RL and lower damage
Shotgun: general spread weapon
Railgun: effectively a projectile sniper rifle, though with higher damage and is affected by gravity; fastest projectile in the game
Scud Launcher: lower RoF and velocity than normal RL and much higher damage
Cannon: similar to current mortar with less effect by gravity and higher velocity
Heavy Cluster: heavier version of cluster grenade
Jericho: effectively a cluster-rocket

Duelist [Light Aero]: general med-altitude combat
Purpose: provide some aerial assistance to allies

• Sidewinder
  • CG
Interceptor[Light Aero]: defensive high-altitude combat
Purpose: assist in destruction of attacking enemy aerials with weapons that work particularly well in the air
  • Sidewinder
  • Shotgun
Fighter[Medium Aero]: general high-altitude combat
Purpose: all-rounder aerial class at high altitudes. The Shotgun is the key weapon here, ensuring some damage is done to the enemy. It has a lower skill ceiling than the Supremist, but is easier to use for the beginner
  • Sidewinder
  • Shotgun
  • Vulcan
Supremist[Medium Aero]: general med-altitude combat
Purpose: the ideal counter to all other aerial units when used by a very skilled player. The Railgun is the defining feature of the Supremist as it is the highest skill-ceiling weapon in the game and is capable of quickly bringing down even Dreadnoughts when used well. Other weapons are general AA weapons.
  • Sidewinder
  • Railgun
  • Vulcan
Bomber[Heavy Aero]: offensive high-altitude assault
Purpose: heavy bombardment from above; no weapons to take down other aerials causes it to need assistance from allies to rain down destruction, as defensive aerials would have nothing stopping them. Because the Jericho has the potential to wipe an entire base, one need be very careful indeed about letting one of these get above the base. Powerful in attack, but with no actual defense.
  • Scud
  • Cannon
  • Jericho
Dreadnought[V. Heavy Aero]: offensive med-altitude assault
Purpose: heavy siege from a distance; this class is focuses on being beyond the boundaries of the enemy base and raining death instead of being above it as the bomber is. Because it is lower altitude, it needs something to help it defeat enemy units that will come at it, thus the Vulcan Cannon.
  • Scud
  • Mortar
  • Vulcan
  • Heavy Cluster
The wealth of classes I'm working on is to give people the most flexibility possible while giving people the option to counter the enormously powerful Bomber and Dreadnought loadouts. Only the Dreadnought has a weapon to counter other aerial units (Vulcan), but because it is bound to be at lower altitudes due to the effect gravity has on it's weapons, it is still vulnerable to the attacks of low-altitude classes. The Railgun is also both the most powerful and weakest weapon in the game. It has the lowest skill base, but the highest skill ceiling of all weapons given it's lack of splash, fall due to gravity, and extreme damage. This makes it a great weapon when someone knows how to use it, but until then, the Fighter is the better choice as obviously the shotty will be much easier to hit with. The result is that players now have a new form of combat available to them.

Version .993F3

Remaining Tasks:
  • Refine Artwork
  • Balance Weapons
Credits:
Updates:
  • .990: Modified physics to make Aeros support classes rather than cappers
  • .991: Added new death messages for some of the weapons and reduced the damage of the shotgun to 2/7 of what it was prior. May rebuff later.
  • .992 Added Flammenwerfer and Shatterbolt
  • .992F Fixed an issue with the way F/S was implemented. Deathmessages should display properly now.
  • .992F2 Internal testing
  • .992F3 Fixed incompatibility issue. It should now be functional.
  • .993 Internal testing
  • .993F Nerf to BR initial damage
Hosting: I don't have the capacity to host a server with this consistently; someone else will have to. PM me if you would like to. You may see [US] Legions Aero up from time to time however.

Future Use: Feel free to reuse the contents of this mod in any mods you may develop. Simply credit me upon release and PM me beforehand just as a heads-up.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
lol no. I've thought about the possibility of a plugin, but that is definitely down the road as far as development on LTS goes. We need to finish debugging and push out the first release.

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
Scud launcher? Sounds gross IMO :p
I'll test this out today and I'll give you some feedback after

Immanent

It launches 21 shots with each dealing 3.5 damage IIRC. If you hit someone with all of them, that's 73.5 which isn't enough to one-shot an OR. I could nerf it, but still.. Is it really that bad?

More OP than the mortar in duelling. A 200+ ping player can easily take out a light/medium with hardly any aiming or leading.

Just reading the class descriptions nearly made me jizz my pants.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I'll look into nerfing either via reduced damage (1 per shot?) or perhaps I'd make it like the tri-shot from star wars

Arch

Legions Developer
deathmessage...

but no lol.
:p

Anyways, well done. I attempted to make a new gun/class and I failed completely so props to you. ;)
For now, I have to stick with the aesthetics side of the game until I get a better handle on the more in dept scripting and what-not.

I am missing all the action. Since I dont play public. Only live:(

2e8c117a1a72019a246091ba05f55787.jpg