No Sound

Immanent

Charmie I play with a head set as well.
I also get these temporary problems, so here is my checklist (stupid but it works):
  1. Make sure the lead is plugged in PROPERLY, actually push the thing in as hard as you can go. (that's what she said)
  2. Cluster Glitch - Somebody clusters you and your sound is gone. Use clusters again to fix
  3. Overdrive Glitch - You ended your game in overdrive, and your sound is gone. Activate overdrive again to fix.
  4. Check your prefs file if you didn't accidently delete the sound segment.

BestCharmie

Charmie I play with a head set as well.
I also get these temporary problems, so here is my checklist (stupid but it works):
  1. Make sure the lead is plugged in PROPERLY, actually push the thing in as hard as you can go. (that's what she said)
  2. Cluster Glitch - Somebody clusters you and your sound is gone. Use clusters again to fix
  3. Overdrive Glitch - You ended your game in overdrive, and your sound is gone. Activate overdrive again to fix.
  4. Check your prefs file if you didn't accidently delete the sound segment.

1. I'ma try this.
2. Nope.
3. Nop.
4. No.

Fixious

Test Lead
I had this problem today, and I'll sometimes use a headset which is the issue. Try deleting prefs.cs in Legions Overdrive\live\legions\preferences. Then start Legions again. It'll redownload the prefs file. Worked for me, though considering a free reinstall didn't work for you who knows.

:confused:

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
Check the mixer (which should be at the bottom left hand computer of your screen), it has volume controls for the programs that are running on your computer. It could be that the legions volume on that mixer is 0 which makes it inaudible, while the volumes for other applications are more than that and audible.

This is my prefs.cs Sound section:
Code:
$Pref::Sfx::Device = "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)";
$Pref::Sfx::MasterVolume = 1;
$Pref::Sfx::maxSoftwareBuffers = -1;
$Pref::Sfx::Provider = "FMod";
$Pref::Sfx::UseHardware = "1";

I noticed that where it says 1 on my prefs.cs for the master volume, it says 0.8 on yours.
Just a thought, you could try and change the master volume number to 1, and see if it works.
I'm not saying it will, just give it a try.

BestCharmie

Check the mixer (which should be at the bottom left hand computer of your screen), it has volume controls for the programs that are running on your computer. It could be that the legions volume on that mixer is 0 which makes it inaudible, while the volumes for other applications are more than that and audible.

This is my prefs.cs Sound section:

Code:
$Pref::Sfx::Device = "Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)";
$Pref::Sfx::MasterVolume = 1;
$Pref::Sfx::maxSoftwareBuffers = -1;
$Pref::Sfx::Provider = "FMod";
$Pref::Sfx::UseHardware = "1";

I noticed that where it says 1 on my prefs.cs for the master volume, it says 0.8 on yours.
Just a thought, you could try and change the master volume number to 1, and see if it works.
I'm not saying it will, just give it a try.

You just gave me an idea. Thanks :D

Edit: Nope, it says 1 on mine (I did a fresh install a day after this problem has started, still no hope :()