No Sound

BestCharmie

Yes, I read the list of bugs, Rockey's SoundFix didn't work.
Yes, I placed the SoundFix.cs.dso in live/mods/autoexec.

It started when one time I played Legions with a headset, then I stopped playing Legions, disconnected headset. Played Legions again, no sound. Tried it with headset = sound.

It won't set the sound thing to my speakers. :(

Edit:

1. I already re-installed Legions - nothing.
2. Sound works on other games, just Legions won't work.
3. Here's my console.log, started without headset: http://pastebin.com/vi6kU8Bw

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Have you tried inserting FMod? Check the legions lite thread for details, it's in modifications as a sticky.

BestCharmie

Have you tried inserting FMod? Check the legions lite thread for details, it's in modifications as a sticky.
Ill try, but what do you mean by insert?

I checked out my prefs.cs file in live/legions/preferences.

Here's the audio part:

Code:
$Pref::Sfx::Device = "Speakers (Conexant Pebble High Definition SmartAudio)";
$Pref::Sfx::MasterVolume = 0.8;
$Pref::Sfx::maxSoftwareBuffers = -1;
$Pref::Sfx::Provider = "FMod";
$Pref::Sfx::UseHardware = "1";

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Hmm, the 'FMod' bit is already there, I'm pretty lost here. Try a fresh install of legions to see if that gets the sound working again.

Pure

i had the same problem just delete where the preferences folder and run legions. ( live/legions/preferences.)

BestCharmie

Hmm, the 'FMod' bit is already there, I'm pretty lost here. Try a fresh install of legions to see if that gets the sound working again.
I already reinstalled it before I posted this. It did nothing but fix the floating white stuff.

i had the same problem just delete where the preferences folder and run legions. ( live/legions/preferences.)
Ill try. Edit: I tried, fixed my keybindings and video settings back..played a game. No sound.

Here was the sound part of the new prefs.cs file though:

Code:
$Pref::Sfx::Device = "Speakers (Conexant Pebble High Definition SmartAudio)";
$Pref::Sfx::MasterVolume = 0.8;
$Pref::Sfx::maxSoftwareBuffers = -1;
$Pref::Sfx::Provider = "FMod";
$Pref::Sfx::UseHardware = "1";

Still the same.

Now Im just forced to play minecraft.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
is it only legions where you get no sound or do you get no sound from your speakers for anything?

if your speakers have stopped working entirely it may be that the switch inside the headphone socket may be stuck, you could try putting a matchstick or skewer or something inside the headphone socket and see if you can "unstick it"

Pure

When you deleted your prefs folder were your headphones inserted? If yes remove them and try it again.

BestCharmie

is it only legions where you get no sound or do you get no sound from your speakers for anything?

if your speakers have stopped working entirely it may be that the switch inside the headphone socket may be stuck, you could try putting a matchstick or skewer or something inside the headphone socket and see if you can "unstick it"

Legions with no sound lol. My minecraft has sound coming from speakers, legions has sound coming from headphones only = no headphones = no sound. Eh, matchsticks. Ill try lol.

Edit: It won't work.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Legions with no sound lol. My minecraft has sound coming from speakers, legions has sound coming from headphones only = no headphones = no sound. Eh, matchsticks. Ill try lol.

Try reinstalling sound drivers then. That may make a difference. You should play legions with headphones anyhow, better 3 directional sound.

Pure

The only thing you can do is reinstall legions with only the speakers connected not your headphones.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
delete the Live folder, open up the Launcher, redownload/install Legions. I've have no sound happen twice and that fix has worked well.