[NewMap]RipTide

RedInk

Just throwing it out here.
I hope to see something like this introduced into the game in the future.
lol.jpg

:p jeez that concept took 2 hours

notes:
-Waves form across the map(all in one direction, heading towards land) and you skii/jet across the surface. You can get some insane speed on large waves. As the waves move from one end of the map to the other, new cap routes are formed making it more complex and the possibilities would be
-If you let go of your jets and your atop the water you will obviously die.
-If the flag lands on the water it floats/jets/hovers above the water.
-towers, bases, and platforms are built onto huge ass rocks under the water, but are close to the surface.
-My fave part; grenade's sink and become water mines, then send shockwaves/ripples through the waves that could intercept a cap route(Freakin tsunami by a mortar, you get the idea).
-Most of the waves shouldn't break because. that would be a mess of .dds and .png's. Large waves should only break, and if you were too get rolled by the break wave, you would die.
-You can turn the sound of the waves high-medium-low.

I am aware of the cons with the map:\

Pretty much I'm throwing basic guidelines onto an environment that might be playable in the future.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Yo I totally want to skii underwater. It would have SO MUCH relevance.

I've actually liked water idea, but it would be pretty hard for the small dev team/ engine as it has been said.

id like to see a map with more dangerous terrain, eg. really good to ski on but if you ski in the bad patches you take big damage eg. like a golf fare way with bunkers scenario with narrowish corridors of travel but get knocked of course and the 'bunker buries you' :) bunkers of jagged rock?

no terrain that isnt man made is perfect all over to ski on, neither should all our maps be.

oh, I like the water idea, but Id like to see it take speed if you dont ski at the correct angle and skip like a stone or something. Prob take to much FPS for most ppl tho.

anak

VIP
those are the atlas maps that lag like silly. but you could create the illusion of a moving map by creating a massive terrain and setting all the buildings/spawn points on a single motion path.

would probably be hard to ski on though. oh, and torque doesn't do waves and the legions editor doesn't do water i think

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
what actually are the atlas maps and why is the game so very different to legions now?
in fact, where is all the atlas stuff?