New Map Themes

Siantlark

voraga is dead - the person who made it (can't remember who) broke it "irreparably"
I think it was Anak. Maybe.

And as for the Low gravity thing. I'm probably envisioning it wrong but having a whole buncha OP outriders who don't need to touch the ground ever would not work.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Care to explain why instead of leaving me in the dark?

When the dev team first got hold of the game from IA, they did all sorts of testing, playing with physics, etc. Like Gheist pointed out, the results were less than optimal -- a lot less.

phanakapan

Private Tester
i still don't understand why OSS cant be released or messed with to work. I think the inside flag stand designed to spread out the action and aid team play is a golden idea.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
i still don't understand why OSS cant be released or messed with to work. I think the inside flag stand designed to spread out the action and aid team play is a golden idea.

on Pubs it would be a nightmare. like, disci-coming-out-of-your-cupboard-in-the-middle-of-the-night nightmare.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux

I totally agree with this. OSS had some many map possibilities and its a real shame they never released it.

on Pubs it would be a nightmare. like, disci-coming-out-of-your-cupboard-in-the-middle-of-the-night nightmare.

Um, How so? The inside flag changes the tactics of the HoF and LO and capping would be a hell of a lot different.
Scared about Llaming? No need, OSS has a massive hill in the middle. Rabbiting? From the preview that they gave us ages ago, they will always most likely end up passing your base again. Osniping? I admit this is a bit of a problem, but the base defense could always hide indoors.

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
Um, How so? The inside flag changes the tactics of the HoF and LO and capping would be a hell of a lot different.
Scared about Llaming? No need, OSS has a massive hill in the middle. Rabbiting? From the preview that they gave us ages ago, they will always most likely end up passing your base again. Osniping? I admit this is a bit of a problem, but the base defense could always hide indoors.

one good player is all it takes. with sentinel, doubly so, just OD over the hill.
as for indoors...... well, why do you think that all bases so far haven't had roofs over the flag?

i still want it though XD

Buhlitz

I've got three prototype ideas I'm working on.

One is city-ish
The other is Desert/Rock Plateau
The last is Ice/Crystals

Let you guys know when I make some progress ;)

OSS is still very much alive, and I'm sure if I can fix some of the nagging problems with the aesthetic and overall size of the map they might consider using it (if they haven't already begun secrit work on it already)

But I do still have OSS, and in the coming months I'll show some new screen shots concerning it. The main reasons I think they decided against releasing it was because it looked rather bland, in going with the "moon" type terrain I think I over did the grey and it made the map feel like you were in purgatory, borrrring. That and the base textures were kinda meh. And lastly I think I tried TOO hard to stop players from going straight over the center and therefore the terrain felt very forced, when in fact it wasn't necessary at all given the flag was inside.

I could talk about it for hours :p

one good player is all it takes. with sentinel, doubly so, just OD over the hill.
as for indoors...... well, why do you think that all bases so far haven't had roofs over the flag?

i still want it though XD

with a sentinel it takes like 3-4 OD's back to back to get from base to over the hill. Doesn't matter anyway because it's even larger and more extreme in the current version. And even THAT doesn't matter because I'm going to change it :p

Fissurez

Puzzlemaster
I've got three prototype ideas I'm working on.

One is city-ish
The other is Desert/Rock Plateau
The last is Ice/Crystals

Let you guys know when I make some progress ;)

OSS is still very much alive, and I'm sure if I can fix some of the nagging problems with the aesthetic and overall size of the map they might consider using it (if they haven't already begun secrit work on it already)

But I do still have OSS, and in the coming months I'll show some new screen shots concerning it. The main reasons I think they decided against releasing it was because it looked rather bland, in going with the "moon" type terrain I think I over did the grey and it made the map feel like you were in purgatory, borrrring. That and the base textures were kinda meh. And lastly I think I tried TOO hard to stop players from going straight over the center and therefore the terrain felt very forced, when in fact it wasn't necessary at all given the flag was inside.

I could talk about it for hours :p

with a sentinel it takes like 3-4 OD's back to back to get from base to over the hill. Doesn't matter anyway because it's even larger and more extreme in the current version. And even THAT doesn't matter because I'm going to change it :p

i have to say i really did like the idea of the bases being close together.
do you plan on finishing some of the other maps you previewed such as beggars peak/oasi? i would like to climb that massive mountain.
finally - why arent you some sort of honorary dev team member XD

Hong kong City!
Like this :p
Its cool if we fly to two big islands with slopes =P and a city base.

Attachments

• hong-kong_city.jpg
    hong-kong_city.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 4