Nerds rejoice! Math thread.

Alex

THERE IS A MAJOR FLAW IN THESE FORUMS!..i see that there is a math thread!...where the *dance* is the PHYSICS THREAD?!..

anyway...Trigonometry is always the best

try this:
(a^2-b^2)/(a^2+b^2)=sin(A-B)sinC/(1+cos(A-B)cosC)
sinA+sinB+sinC=2p/2R----------where p is the semiperimeter
sin((B-C)/2)=(b-c)/a * cos(A/2)

if sin(B/2)=sin(A/2)sin(C/2) demonstrate that a+c=3b.....;)

Astrum

Super Special R&D
Let L = Q*(sqrt(11), sqrt(2)). Let alpha= sqrt(2)+sqrt(11). Prove that L = Q*(alpha). Some steps are:
  1. Show sqrt(11) is not within the set Q*(sqrt(2)) and [L : Q*(sqrt(2)] = 2.
  2. Find [L : Q*].
  3. Find the minimal polynomial m_alpha,Q*_(x).
  4. Prove that L = Q*(alpha).
Don't forget to show your work!

[1] Q* is the set of all rational numbers

Astrum

Super Special R&D
I figured I'd kick it up a notch. BAM!

Seriously, your questions are so simplistic and drab, so figure this one out. If you're wondering, it has to do with abstract algebra.

57thRomance

Sorry to bump this thread, but I just wanted to say my AP Calc teacher got all the scores for the AP Calc AB Exam for his class, and he told me I got a 5 on my exam. That's right, a 5!!!!!!
TIME TO PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Immanent

O damn if this were real life I would ask you to recite on the spot in order:
Pi to 10,000 decimal places in less than 24 hours NO GOOGLE ALLOWED. Any slip-ups or pauses result in decapitation. I challenge thee.

57thRomance

how many credits will you have going into uhart? :p
Well I think I'll have 4 credits from Calculus, 6 from U.S. History, and hopefully some more from English Lit., depending on my exam score. I took two other exams, but I don't know if my college accepts credit for those subjects.

mathgirl

cool math fact: Take any four-digit number, using at least two different digits. Arrange the digits in ascending and then in descending order to get two four-digit numbers, adding leading zeros if necessary. Subtract the smaller number from the bigger number. Go back to step 2. After at most 7 iterations, you will end up with the number 6174, also known as Kaprekar’s Constant.

source: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/slader