My opinion on the new update

shaskalol

Okay, this new legions seriously makes me not want to even touch the game, or hear the word legions anymore. You've made the game so much worse.

The Sniper Rifle ~ You nerfed it to the point where it's not even a valid weapon in the game anymore. Instead of adding the charge, why wouldn't you just decrease the damage. It's a sniper rifle, you're supposed to get *danced* with it.

The Dodge Core ~ Way too spammable, it makes 1v1 dueling retarded if all you do is spam it. It makes everything worse for everyone. IF YOU GET GROUND AND POUNDED TOO HARD, DON'T CRY AND MAKE A CORE ABOUT IT, JUST LEARN TO MOVE.

The Warp Core ~ I hope that's nerfed, like for real, warping with the flag in your hands, seems smart.

The Regen Core ~ I like this core, nothing really wrong with it.

The Shield Core ~ Just a pointless core added to make more variety in this game.

The Boost Core ~ Whatever, don't use it, don't care.

And the worst of all, the Engineer. It doesn't fit into legions at all whatsoever, and the only element it adds to the game is more things to troll with.

Revert back to the way legions was, this game will not be going on steam, so why make it worse for the people who actually play it.

If people don't play the game, or leave the game, that's their fault. There's a reason you forced the player base to play on the new updated servers. (ps, that means its shitty)

I'm not logging on here anymore, so post whatever you want, your opinions, whatever else, I'm just letting you know my thoughts about this game. Done with this game, you've *danced* it up too bad.

#forever 14 squad
95od3k.jpg

sltir6.jpg

Xtreme

shaska's bff
I am glad that you made this post because hopely now everyone can understand the problem with this game and why it remains a closed circle for so long

Besides this I will say that maybe the features of the latest patch must be refined still, but you are (unsurprisingly) arrogant to think that your opinion counts more than others here

Maxter

1) Glad you named your thread "my opinion on the new update".

2) While I partly agree with you on the Sniper Rifle, you guys need to lower your tone on that one. Especially if you want to see any sign of change to that weapon. It's been already said by Pop that it will be revisited once they're done with the tweaking.

3) Dodge core is being spammed in PuBs but that doesn't make it overpowered, just overused. I do agree that it's mechanics need to be changed so that there's also a downside to using that core. I personally feel that the player being invulnerable while he's turned into the white sphere is the source of the problem. Here's a tip to dealing with the Dodge though; just be patient for the enemy to activate it, and then go for the kill. Trust me, it works.

4) The Shield Core you see currently in game is one of the trial and error processes to see what works best, that's what I understood from the conservation I had with Pop anyway. Instead of calling it lame, provide us with a few suggestions where it can be more effective and useful.

5) Right. Pretty much tells us that you only care about the elements in the game that you interact with, and nothing else.

6) And finally the Engineer Core. How do you know whether it belongs in the game or not? Give us proper reasoning regarding why you think it shouldn't exist in the game, and how it's negatively affecting it, if such is the case. If you can't do that, and keep on saying that it's stupid and that you don't like it, the case is simply that you don't want to "deal with it". Here's something I mentioned in another thread, regarding the recent overall change to the gameplay in Legions.
Back in the day, you were able to play this game as a "lone wolf". You didn't need any help to do anything, as long as you are good. Now though, the game is forcing players to work as a team, most times sending you the message that trying to cap alone isn't nearly as easy anymore. The new rule of gameplay is "play as a pack, or die". This transition is getting on people's nerves, as the game isn't as simple as "get in -> play your position -> get out" anymore.

Anyway, my point to this large post is that Legions is no longer that simple game. You can't do some things alone anymore. So stop pointing fingers at weapons and other elements which stop you from soloing everything and get used to calling for help.
I personally feel that the Engineer Core is a very positively potent addition to the game. It forces people to group together. Sure, something like that currently is rarely viable in PuBs, but people will learn to do so eventually. Even better? They must, in order to win.

rrosvo

1) Glad you named your thread "my opinion on the new update".
3) Dodge core is being spammed in PuBs but that doesn't make it overpowered, just overused. I do agree that it's mechanics need to be changed so that there's also a downside to using that core. I personally feel that the player being invulnerable while he's turned into the white sphere is the source of the problem. Here's a tip to dealing with the Dodge; just be patient for the enemy to activate it, and then go for the kill. Trust me, it works.
After killing continuous llamas for 1500 points in a pub game, one could say there certainly are problems with this one. Making the player invulnerable should always be considered extremely carefully - what is the reasoning in this instance?
Currently, the core is the ultimate tool for trolling cappers and CTFers in general.

Vox

Okay, this new legions seriously makes me not want to even touch the game, or hear the word legions anymore. You've made the game so much worse.

The Sniper Rifle ~ You nerfed it to the point where it's not even a valid weapon in the game anymore. Instead of adding the charge, why wouldn't you just decrease the damage. It's a sniper rifle, you're supposed to get *danced* with it.

The Dodge Core ~ Way too spammable, it makes 1v1 dueling retarded if all you do is spam it. It makes everything worse for everyone. IF YOU GET GROUND AND POUNDED TOO HARD, DON'T CRY AND MAKE A CORE ABOUT IT, JUST LEARN TO MOVE.

The Warp Core ~ I hope that's nerfed, like for real, warping with the flag in your hands, seems smart.

The Regen Core ~ I like this core, nothing really wrong with it.

The Shield Core ~ Just a pointless core added to make more variety in this game.

And the worst of all, the Engineer. It doesn't fit into legions at all whatsoever, and the only element it adds to the game is more things to troll with.

Revert back to the way legions was, this game will not be going on steam, so why make it worse for the people who actually play it.

If people don't play the game, or leave the game, that's their fault. There's a reason you forced the player base to play on the new updated servers. (ps, that means its shitty)

1. Don't care. Anybody who complains about the sniper anymore should just stop. It's been the most changed weapon overall, so just give the devs a *dancing* break about the damn sniper.

2. I agree with you on this one, maybe a cooldown nerf should be added.

3. Thats why others can enter your warp scars... If you know how to chase this should be no problem for you.

4. The regen core should get nerfed with a longer cooldown time, other then that it's fine.

5. I don't see whats wrong with the shield core. It's a good addition.

6. Agreed.

7. I rarely see anybody use the engineer core in pubs, so why make a fuss over it?

Overall, you're complaining about a game that the devs spent a lot of their own free time working on, instead of whining about the changes, be a little more respectful. They tried improving the game and they did (in my opinion at least). If you don't want to play this, go right ahead and don't play it.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
It always amazes me how much effort people will go through to tell us how frustrated they are and how they're never going to come back, when a couple days later they just make another smurf and come back.

Sorry to hear you're leaving us, but maybe it's best that we stop seeing each other. :(

stefygraff

Private Tester
Game better than ever really :D PLAYMOUR
Lock before other sniper kids come in bitching about how they cant play the game anymore

shaskalol

@ Maxter, It doesn't flow with the game at all. We don't need it to be like tribes. Said every person ever.

@Vox, why complain about a game if the devs are working on it in their free time? How is that my problem, they chose to start developing this, and I expect them to do so.

@Ucan, k

@Bugs, You're probably right, but instead of posting that, what was your opinion on my post? Good? Bad?

@Stefy, k, and also, the sniper is really not even a weapon anymore. I've seen you QQ hardcore about the sniper, and you're too ignorant to see that it's nerfed beyond use.

Instead of looking through your own perspective, look through someone else's. Not everyone hates the sniper, but the fact that you "hate" it and are too ignorant to actually try it out and see how bad it is for yourself blows my mind.

Fixious

Test Lead
It's funny just how out of date you are, shaska. You're complaining about elements that aren't even there.

This was changed weeks ago. You can't warp with flag anymore.

Shield isn't worthless. Free rocket jump? No fall damage? It hasn't been used that much I agree, but it has potential.

Legions 1.40 didn't even launch with this core due to getting a fairly extensive overhaul. This proves you haven't played the game in weeks, and fail to realize what the term 'test' means. I wouldn't be surprised if your complaint with the Dodge core is yet another out-dated view based on the spam abilities it once had throughout private/public tests. It was added a 5 second cooldown, which gets rid of its spam along with limiting your speed.

So yes, lets revert the game when you haven't even actually played the latest version, in quite a while it seems.

:rolleyes:

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
As soon as I saw the massive text I knew this was going to be another one of shaska's *dancing* retarded posts.

Royalty

The Aussie
Shaska, this is such a childish and ignorant post.

There are a many things wrong with it that other have mentioned but here are a few more:

1. Wrong Thread. Should most likely be in Feedback and Suggestions.
2. This game does not revolve around one person and their needs/preferances. The devs are happy to take feedback, although it must be in generall consensus within the community.
3. This whole post is centered around what you want to be changed. Your reasons as to why things need to be changed are childish, and the fact that you post no feedback on cores which you have nevers used shows how your opinion is all that matters to you. If you had REAL concern for the current state of Legions and cared about the community rather than yourself, you would bother to try out every core in order to provide accurate feedback to the devs and the community.

I thought I had some respect for you shaska, you seemed like a fun guy, but don't go writing ignorant, childish posts which are incredibly self-centered. For the sake of your reputation and the community. Please?

Sin

Private Tester
Hah. So this post is pretty much, I want this changed because I am good at the game. I don't care about what doesn't affect me or I don't use. Seriously you're hilarious and fun sometimes but really? At least use up-to-date knowledge as well.

BugsPray

Legions Developer
@Bugs, You're probably right, but instead of posting that, what was your opinion on my post? Good? Bad?
I didn't realize you wanted to have a conversation about your complaints or I would have responded in kind. To answer your question, I think your post was bad. Like Fixious said, it sounds like your complaints are about and old version of public test, and instead of providing feedback in a calm manner you threw a tantrum. This not only is distracting to the community, it makes us ignore you because we can't tell if you care about the game or just want your way.

This kind of thing happened in the private tester group recently. We had two testers with very similar complaints. One of them wanted to rile everyone up and be divisive while the other expressed his concerns in a well thought out way. The first tester was removed from private test, and the second tester's thread actually started some worthwhile discussion and affected the features put into the release.

TL;DR -
3tufxm.jpg

nil

Private Tester
WALL OF TEXT GO!

While Shaska's statements may be a bit abrasive and perhaps perceived as arrogant, he does make some valid points that should not be dismissed simply due to the way he stated them. While some of his criticism are overstated they are valid and these balance issues do need to be addressed.

Overall, I am happy with the changes introduced in 1.4. Sure, there are problems with balance, but these can be worked on as long as the community is willing to experiment with the new cores and give constructive input as to what can be improved.

I think we should all appreciate the efforts involved in 1.4s development. If you have a criticism, do so in a constructive manner. Provide solutions to the problems you see, don't simply state that they exist. Provide reasons why you dislike a specific change, state what you see the role of that weapon or core is or should be, how it is unbalanced in its current form, and what can be done to make it balanced.

My views on the cores, if you are interested:

Regen Core: Appears balanced.
Potential Roles: LO, LD SaH?

Shield Pack: Possibly Underpowered, but has a lot of potential.
Potential Roles: LD Chase, LO, Capper?, LD SaH?

Currently, the amount of energy lost makes it unsuitable for chasing. I see this pack as a corollary to the shield pack in T:V.

I think it has potential to be useful in LO and LD positions. It's potential benefits for LD Chase are to neutralize damage incurred when boost jumping, but this is currently negated by the amount of energy lost. One cannot sustain the height needed after a boost jump to chase. It definitely needs more balance changes to make it useful, it has a lot of potential. It could also be useful for LO that focused on lamma grabbing and e-grabs. However, this core could easily become overpowered so I would advise caution when changing it.

Boost Core: Useful for chasing but may need damage reduction.
Potential Roles: LD Chase, LO

I used this extensively today, and it did help with chasing. It also allowed for some more versatility during flag play.

Dodge Core: Minor balance issues, consider increasing rate of use.
Potential Roles: LO, LD SaH

I need to experiment more with it, but it is quite enjoyable to use.

Warp Core:
Potential Roles: Capper
Mostly balanced.

Can be annoying as hell to chase. May require slight tweaking on loss of health values, but its a solid addition to the game.

Engineer Core: I don't like it QQ

I dislike this core on a conceptual level. I do not think asset based play has a role in Legions. I see Legions as an LT style version of Tribes where game-play is fast paced. Turrets and base assets contradict this play-style and will only slow game-play down.

Sniper Rifle: Needs work.

Firstly, I should state that I personally do not snipe. I am in agreement with Shaska. The mechanics of the old rifle allowed for more versatile play, and an overall more enjoyable experience when sniping. However, I do not think many would argue against the notion that the previous incarnation was overpowered.

In my mind, this leaves two options:

1. Revert to the old sniper rifle's mechanics, but reduce damage output and possibly add range limitations.
2. Reduce charge-up time.

I also think the visual feedback the user receives is too subtle. If possible, I would suggest making the beam change colors on full charge. This could also make it more interesting for players trying to avoid snipers.