My opinion on the new update

Homingun

The truth hurts, some more than others.

I'm glad testers can start worthwhile discussions now. The cores at least seem to be going in a somewhat logical direction.

edit: nicer

Shield Pack: Possibly Underpowered, but has a lot of potential.
Potential Roles: LD Chase, LO, Capper?, LD SaH?

Currently, the amount of energy lost makes it unsuitable for chasing. I see this pack as a corollary to the shield pack in T:V.

I think it has potential to be useful in LO and LD positions. It's potential benefits for LD Chase are to neutralize damage incurred when boost jumping, but this is currently negated by the amount of energy lost. One cannot sustain the height needed after a boost jump to chase. It definitely needs more balance changes to make it useful, it has a lot of potential. It could also be useful for LO that focused on lamma grabbing and e-grabs. However, this core could easily become overpowered so I would advise caution when changing it.

I've been messing around with it while capping and came to realize that you have to activate it on the ground 1 second or 1 1/2 seconds before you plan to leave the ground. If you use it while in the air, it'll drain faster than usual, and is definitely not efficient if you actually want to get home with the flag. If you rocket/nade jump right before the shield runs out while on the ground, it should be effective. Turns out to be efficient if used correctly.
Llamas are sick with the core, especially when you know how to cluster-boost.

As for this thread's topic? I don't have anything to say.

Well, that was a pretty post, full of emotion. Perhaps too much. I get that you're used to the game the way it was, but I like the fact progress is being made. I've just started to come back to the game recently and I like it, it doesn't seem bad. I don't see what the problem is, other than the fact you're really used to the old build. Maybe attached is a better word?
I like the new cores, I think they're great. I haven't used them all but I'll definitely give them a chance.

I will however, agree that the sniper rifle feels less like a sniper rifle. It should be instant, a charge up beam just doesn't feel right. I'm sure I could get used to it, but I'll miss the old one. In regard to this, did the devs consider to give the rifle a built in energy regeneration reduction? By this I mean you use the rifle, instant shot like the old one, but the time it takes for your energy to regen is severely reduced. Reduced mobility, still useful, but less spammable. Just a random idea to throw out there. Of course, I doubt it'll be changed at this point.

The game is still fun.

Armageddon

Teapot
Well, that was a pretty post, full of emotion. Perhaps too much. I get that you're used to the game the way it was, but I like the fact progress is being made.

It's not exactly progress when normal users drop off. I use to play 6-12 hours a day even after working all day, but since the 1.40 update came out i've played 0 hours and won't play anymore because the game has changed too much for me personally. I hope others enjoy the game as it is now as much as i did before.

Homingun

It's not exactly progress when normal users drop off. I use to play 6-12 hours a day even after working all day, but since the 1.40 update came out i've played 0 hours and won't play anymore because the game has changed too much for me personally. I hope others enjoy the game as it is now as much as i did before.

Ditto, though I do like jumping on once in a while to see what's going on.

Mukhtar

I'm still waiting for legions 2 to see how different the game will be with the new engine. Some of the cores really don't belong in this game, but my opinion hardly matters since I don't play anymore.
Hopefully someday when this game has a bigger playerbase we will learn to love it again. For now, it's each other we're bored and tired of, not the game.

I welcome all these changes because most of them are cheesy and will probably be/get banned in a competitive setting where, hopefully, we will compete for something other than e-peen. And the fact these changes are cheesy is what will help this game grow, it will allow newer players to enjoy the game while not having to be good, and games that offer this option is what makes them great.

I see your point, and it is really a shame to see people go. I don't understand what the problem is, I really don't. Other than the cores, the game really feels the same. At any rate, by progress I meant the game won't sit frozen for 600 years in a never ending beta. Plus, Legions 2 well, is happening. Pretty exciting in my opinion. But it really is a shame to see people stop playing after a major update. And Muk, which of the changes will probably be banned in competitive play?

Maxter

And Muk, which of the changes will probably be banned in competitive play?

None. Maybe Engineer Core if it ever makes a come back but that's about it. There are very few like him who are opposed to these changes and with petty reasons/no reasons at all. They've been asked multiple times about what they think is the problem with the new cores, and for proper reasoning, but we've never been provided with either. The original post of this thread says it all.

The simple fact is that most of them are "upset" about what the devs have done with the Laser Rifle. Others just want to be able to kill their enemies in under 5 seconds which they are not able to do now, because of all the new cores and weapon changes. They don't like the aspect of being forced into playing as a team to accomplish something or even doing something as simple as switching loadouts to fit their needs. All they've ever wanted was to be able to "solo" everything, and with that just one loadout.

Mukhtar

None. Maybe Engineer Core if it ever makes a come back but that's about it. There are very few like him who are opposed to these changes and with petty reasons/no reasons at all. They've been asked multiple times about what they think is the problem with the new cores, and for proper reasoning, but we've never been provided with either. The original post of this thread says it all.

The simple fact is that most of them are "upset" about what the devs have done with the Laser Rifle. Others just want to be able to kill their enemies in under 5 seconds which they are not able to do now, because of all the new cores and weapon changes. They don't like the aspect of being forced into playing as a team to accomplish something or even doing something as simple as switching loadouts to fit their needs. All they've ever wanted was to be able to "solo" everything, and with that just one loadout.
Don't say none because we haven't played comp yet with this game, and from what I've heard about Legions 2, it will be completely different from the game you guys are playing now.

I'm not sure if I were included in that "them", but personally, I was never a big fan of the laser rifle. I just used it because everyone else used it, even though I was very good at it due to low ping and good aim. Your post is implying that the only OP thing in this game was the LR, but I'm not here to argue so I'm going to avoid writing a 5 paragraph essay explaining how wrong you are.
I see your point, and it is really a shame to see people go. I don't understand what the problem is, I really don't. Other than the cores, the game really feels the same. At any rate, by progress I meant the game won't sit frozen for 600 years in a never ending beta. Plus, Legions 2 well, is happening. Pretty exciting in my opinion. But it really is a shame to see people stop playing after a major update. And Muk, which of the changes will probably be banned in competitive play?
The things that are cheesy will be banned in comp. You'd be surprised at how much there actually is.

Maxter

Don't say none because we haven't played comp yet with this game, and from what I've heard about Legions 2, it will be completely different from the game you guys are playing now.

You do realize there's the LICL starting up by the end of this week, right? There will be no "banning" of game elements in this one, or any other competitions we may have in the future. If anything, it is going to be based on community vote, and that will be done for every competition. The developers aren't taking their time fine tuning all the newly implemented game elements, just so they can get "banned" from the competition.

Also, we're talking about Legions: Overdrive, not "Legions 2". Except the devs, no one is sure about how that game will turn out. Don't think that "Legions 2" will pick up where this game left off. If you think that, you're naive. Maybe it will carry the movement mechanics of Legions: Overdrive, but the rest is at the developers' discretion.

Your post is implying that the only OP thing in this game was the LR, but I'm not here to argue so I'm going to avoid writing a 5 paragraph essay explaining how wrong you are.

My post implied nothing of the sort, you just took it that way. And please, do spare me the 5 paragraph essay.

Mukhtar

reading v hrd.
from what I've heard about Legions 2, it will be completely different from the game you guys are playing now.

Okay fine, my mistake. What I should've asked was, what things are "cheesy", and will therefore be banned?
Splash grounpound is easy, gl firrate is easy, blaster is easy, plasma is still easy even thought i got it nerfed to hell, the amount of boost nades every class can carry is easy, capping is easy, chasing is l0leasy, hof requires 2 brain cells, and warp is easy.
but i hope this cheese will stay in because no would wanna play the game w/o it.