Melee attack

Immanent

This has come up numerous time, like Mahidhar mentioned. However, in each thread, I don't see the logic in this. If you had a gun, would you punch somebody?

Crisis12096

Who cares how useful it'd be, it'd be fun as hell to melee someone. Especially those pesky llamas, maybe they'll learn their lesson if you literally slap or punch, or stab them.
If we do get a melee weapon, it should be something original, not a sword nor a claw, Ascend uses them. Something different, but what?

Who cares how useful it'd be, it'd be fun as hell to melee someone. Especially those pesky llamas, maybe they'll learn their lesson if you literally slap or punch, or stab them.
If we do get a melee weapon, it should be something original, not a sword nor a claw, Ascend uses them. Something different, but what?
Shocklance was lame, do not want.
Frag-Combo is not melee, in a melee you shouldn't lose 40% of your health.

hat3d_on3

But in another's point of view, why not? I mean, some of the most renowned fps games use them, eh? Yeah its not quite useful, but "shameful" is the word for it. Hey, even Fckin "Duke Nukem" has it.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
A developer (I think Pop) mentioned that we could possibly see it back. Was awhile ago though.