Melee attack

Mahidhar

The discussions on this topic have come up from time to time. What we need to think about is not what to implement; be it a sword or a claw, but how to implement it. By how I mean it needs to be fairly useful.

If it is a sword like in Tribes Ascend, you have to consider that this game's movement mechanics are different than in that game. You can say that the possibility to hit a target at melee range in Tribes Ascend is much more, than it is in Legions. So with that in mind I suggest that everyone continue adding thoughts to this topic.

Fixious

Test Lead
We just need to have a core with blades on them that spin rapidly. If you bump into someone, bam, chopped to bits.

Belberith

Legions Developer
I've had three, maybe four times ever that I could have melee'd someone in legions. It is incredibly rare.
If the melee weapon had a range of, say, 5 metres instead of 1, then it could potentially be used by LO, LD, and the HoF. LO and LD are usually close to enemies and could close in further to use melee. The HoF, when OD blocking, could use melee at the same time.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
In a mod, I once made something resembling a shocklance. That would get a lot of use in Legions, but a strict melee weapon never would.

I've had three, maybe four times ever that I could have melee'd someone in legions. It is incredibly rare.
That's because you weren't really trying to melee them, you most likely bumped into them, or got bb'd.
The movement isn't so strict in this game, so I can actually see this being quite useful.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Wait? frag-combo is not a melee attack? :eek:

Thats why its called a frag combo :D

The only way i see this melee idea work is just using the flag(when you have it) to hit *flag backstab!*... Meh
I really cant see this work :(. There is not enough body fight in this game- exept BB's. Bleh

3lionz

Legions Developer
... While this may be useful, it would be even BETTER as a humiliation attack.

(We need that badly.)