May 21,2011 End Of World ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

57thRomance

I'd rather be left behind to burn than suck the teat of a morally weak, pathetic god.

God-fearing men be damned; get off your knees and grow a pair.
For someone who leads a clan called "Omniscient," you really don't know a whole lot. That's the sickest thing I've ever read on ANY of these forums. Seriously, would you rather go through eternal suffering in hell, regretting ever saying those words, or would you rather enjoy an eternity with the Creator of the universe who unconditionally loves everyone of us? Oh, and by the way, because all of you have brought your atheistic inputs, I've decided to throw my chips on the table as well, so don't you dare judge me. Sometimes, people can be completely religious to the point of freaking out others and making them not believe, but genuine Christianity isn't radically religious; it's about a full-on relationship with the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. So don't associate me with some ignorant redneck who doesn't know what he's talking about, and open your heart to others instead of hating people. You can be as cocky as you want on the forums, but when you, along with many others, mock what I believe in, I won't tolerate it.
P.S. Although I can't change this, I have to say you have the worst avatar I've ever seen.

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
This thread is now about religious debate.

neptromance.png

Armageddon

Teapot
Any 'mass' suicide planned by the community of Legions players to welcome this magnificient event has my support.

And my axe.

Thank you for your support! We at Legions Arranged Mass Extreme Suicide or LAMES appreciate it!
We all really hope this all goes as planed.

OmniNept

Actionaut
What was it you had said originally?
Romance said:
“Those are some dangerous words”
That's important.

Romance said:
“. . .would you rather go through eternal suffering in hell, regretting ever saying those words, or would you rather enjoy an eternity with the Creator of the universe who unconditionally loves everyone of us?”

“would you rather go through eternal suffering in hell, regretting ever saying those words”

Or

“would you rather enjoy an eternity with the creator . . . who unconditionally loves everyone of us”

eternal suffering in hell . . . [for] those words

creator . . . who unconditionally loves everyone of us

Disconnect.

I've included the entire process so as to save time: you're now disallowed the 'twisting of words” ploy, as it's obvious I've edited only the tripe.

And no, Romance, you can't play the “he wouldn't do that card”, because you've already stated “Those are some dangerous words”, indicating your belief that those words would land me eternal suffering. If your god weren't small, petty, and vindictive, he'd certainly laugh off words and ego blows. With love.

And you can't pull “you have to allow him into your heart before he can save you” because he's omnipotent and omnibenevolent, which means not only would he be driven to save you, but he'd be able to do it unconditionally .

And you can't even pull the “you made your choice card” because it's a false dilemma: an all-powerful, all-loving being would never create only two choices (1) suck up, or 2) suffer eternally).

As for judgment . . . well, as your god might say, you've brought it upon yourself. Certain affiliations carry with them implicit consequences of personality and opinion. As judgments can be made of Klu Klux Klan members, regardless of their individuality, so can judgments be made about those following such a god.

Romance said:
That's the sickest thing I've ever read on ANY of these forums
Really? I'd be able to rectify that situation with select quotes from your god's “word”, but that'd be trite. Instead, allow me to propose that some of us would rather struggle and be of sound, independent mind than be rendered the equivalent of pampered house pets.

There is value in struggle – something that your god, having supposedly been perfect from the getgo, will never truly understand. And no, sacrificing your “son”, knowing full-well that he'll be revitalized and reunited, doesn't count. At all.

As the leader of a clan called "Omniscient", let me tell you something. We both live privileged lives in first-world countries, with struggles that are trite and trivial and that impact only our immediate friends, family, and surroundings. We've the luxury of attributing hardships to a higher plan and success to your god.

We do not live in filth, squalor and fear. Our lives aren't "nasty, brutish, and short", aren't liable to end without meaning, sense, and purpose. We see "god" because we've that privilege; we mustn't dare impose that sight on the situation of others, as it's the ultimate hubris.

So you do not come here, talking of higher powers, plans, and faeries and expect to be unopposed. Neither you nor I know much of anything; it is your willful anosognosia, though, that's the the defining difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.