Let's tweak Laser Rifle

BestCharmie

If I were to tweak the LR, I would:

1. Make continuous damage as the laser is not yet gone.
-Because, I noticed, if you shoot, the damage is only inflicted at the time you click the button and not while the laser is active. The one I'm suggesting right now is that while the laser is active, players touching it would have to be damaged. And while the laser is active, while time goes, the damage goes lower.
2. Make Hand'Nades explode if you snipe it.
-Self-explanatory. Well, of course it's possible the hand grenades explode if it were to be hit by a form of matter that damages other players.
3. Make Lanthus lose sniping powers.
-He needs it ;).
4. Make a small explosion at where you clicked.
-It would be like hand'nade's explosion but with a smaller splash range and splash damage.
5. Every time I snipe, I want it to rain candies.
-I need it.
6. Nothing more.
7. Yeah.

MJ1284

I suggest we turn the Laser Rifle into a book of many indescribable horrors.
Infinite ammo, and once opened, grass will turn grey as players and buildings simultaneously explode, leave a Core-like map with scavenging Seymour's lurking within the charred dirt and rubble.

So basically you want to turn Laser Rifle into BFG 9000 from Doom...
I LOVE IT! WE SHOULD DEFINITELY DO THAT!

Ohh and give scavenging Seymour a unicorn so he can chase & lance rabbiting players (accompanied with Seymour's trademark "HO HO HO!" that'll make everybody soil themselves).

skypredator

I say that we should keep the new LR, hands down. No more O-Sniping, and now it takes actual skill to use. I like it that way, and I'm sure the Devs do too, because it creates balance. :p

rock

Au contraire, the reload time needs to be increased. It is very easy to snipe someone coming in and going out of the base. As it is, switching to a chaingun is very simple because it winds up fairly quickly. Used in the right hands, a sniper can pretty much carry a defense. I feel that an increase in reload time and switch/shoot time is necessary.
I totally agree with Ucan that any semi-decent player with decent ping can pretty much have 5+opportunities to hinder offensive and defensive players coming to the base, in the base, and leaving the base.. Anything other than a nerf would be insane. This problem is not all the snipers fault though... it takes not only a decent sniper but also players who don't use anti-sniper tactics to give the sniper its OP-ness.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I'm a distant cousin to those good snipers, and working my way up the family tree, but having the LR as it is now doesn't stop Osniping, there are people who do it, much to our dismay. Usually, though, you show that you know they are there, and they'll run away squealing. Threaten them with a duel and they will cry. They just need somebody to show them how sniping should be done. I think Osniping is going to happen regardless, we just need to make the alternative a more pleasurable experience.