Legions: Overdrive Community Video Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimitryy

The DisasteR said:
you miss understood dim
it's not just about me and mario, it's about it being a trailer, if you wanted to watch a trailer for a game and it appears to be blocked what would be your first thoughts about it

wouldn't it be better to host the official video on the own server than on youtube? or atleast use a videotube without blocked videos or run the website videolink directly about an US-proxy

Disci

Old man
I never said my entry would be anywhere good. Sigh, why do you need to be such a dumbasses everytime someone speaks for their mind. I could find thousands of better quality videos people have made out of footage taken from other games and I admire people who are able to pull something like that out of gaming clips.

Anyways it's cool that people are making videos and contributing that way. I just hope someone would actually step up and provide something which you could go around and show people. I know I don't have the required skill nor will to record stuff with 30 fps and keep track of all the recordings I've gathered. I used to do that and results were *chocolate cookies*. It was fun for a while, but you know, you need to know your own limits and my limits are very low.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
wouldn't it be better to host the official video on the own server than on youtube? or atleast use a videotube without blocked videos or run the website videolink directly about an US-proxy
Copyright issues are copyright issues.

ellismore

Lol, guys, does it really matter?
If you can watch the video, then watch it, if you can't, then that's okay. I'm not uploading it to anywhere again. I've already done too much.

Lol, guys, does it really matter?
If you can watch the video, then watch it, if you can't, then that's okay. I'm not uploading it to anywhere again. I've already done too much.
well by default you could be disqualified as the devs finally started thinking of a possible advertisement, they might not want to loose at least 1 possible player from the blocked countries

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I'm fairly disapointed about the quality of the vids. Nothing really stands out from the group of mediocre videos. Good tries tho.

Sad thing is that I have some many good ideas for a trailer, and yet no decent computer / editing software to do it with.

ellismore

well by default you could be disqualified as the devs finally started thinking of a possible advertisement, they might not want to loose at least 1 possible player from the blocked countries
...that doesn't make sense.
And you completely missed my point. I was saying there's nothing I could do about videos being blocked in certain countries.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
...that doesn't make sense.
And you completely missed my point. I was saying there's nothing I could do about videos being blocked in certain countries.

It makes perfect sense and I think he has realised your point. He's basically saying that the developers could not pick your video because some parts of the world may not be able to watch it.

Battelstar

what did u do to find this sort of music
?

I searched for "epic music" (youtube) and found some good ones, like music from Audiomachine, they made for example the soundtrack for Avatar. But the song I used at last is the soundtrack from a movie called "The Pillars of the Earth", which is a good movie btw ;)

MJ1284

All that aside, when do we get to hear/see which entries got picked? We passed deadline yesterday and it probably takes few days to go through all videos posted here but it never hurts to ask.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
All that aside, when do we get to hear/see which entries got picked? We passed deadline yesterday and it probably takes few days to go through all videos posted here but it never hurts to ask.

I've been going through them, and I'll probably ask GReaps for some help. I'm hoping for a decision to be made this weekend (unsure how long it will be before ol' man GReaps can get them integrated into the site, though).

A2

I've been going through them, and I'll probably ask GReaps for some help. I'm hoping for a decision to be made this weekend (unsure how long it will be before ol' man GReaps can get them integrated into the site, though).
I prefer everyone's videos get posted, so at least they'll know they made their video for something. Maybe in a section called 'player made videos' or something like that. Just throwing the idea out. Of course not the most horrible ones. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.