Legions: Overdrive Community Video Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ1284

I never said my entry would be anywhere good. Sigh, why do you need to be such a dumbasses everytime someone speaks for their mind. I could find thousands of better quality videos people have made out of footage taken from other games and I admire people who are able to pull something like that out of gaming clips.

Anyways it's cool that people are making videos and contributing that way. I just hope someone would actually step up and provide something which you could go around and show people. I know I don't have the required skill nor will to record stuff with 30 fps and keep track of all the recordings I've gathered. I used to do that and results were *chocolate cookies*. It was fun for a while, but you know, you need to know your own limits and my limits are very low.

I forgot to address this one earlier, time to make up for it:
I wasn't trying to sound too much of a dumbass, it's just that statements like "I'm fairly disapointed" sound fairly negative, judging from latter post you were trying to say "Honestly I was expecting more than what we got" which is practically same as "fairly disapointed" but in mild manner. If you're not submitting entries it's little unfair to say "I'm disappointed at you guys" but since you clarified it nicely I'll let it slip.

I'm well aware of my own limits and I stick to what I know I can handle, but occasionally I like to try out different stuff to keep things fresh. Hell, I'll never match up to likes of Swede Mason but that never stopped me from trying and streching my limits, only way to get better is practise. As a sidenote, I quite enjoyed your videos, you had some clever ideas with editing and music picks definitely stood from the crowd.
Without Demo Cam it's quite challenging to produce anything that would step above and you could show people, we're talking about unfinished game here and devs have stated that they'll do the advertisement when they see it fit, you wouldn't want show people a video of an unfinished game, right?

EDIT: Also, why didn't ANYONE mention this masterpiece? It's almost on par with the one that Fixious posted:
Tremble Application & Karnage, you have met your match!

Immanent

No offence or anything to the person that made that video, but it is a disgrace to the potential of legions. It gives me a headache of epic proportions watching that piss poor frame rate and the music. Sorry just my opinion.

Armageddon

Teapot
I vote for my video... because i made.

But on srs, i like the idea of a player video section for the ones that were not picked. Each video has it's moments.

Fixious

Test Lead
More videos less talking.

I forgot to address this one earlier, time to make up for it:
EDIT: Also, why didn't ANYONE mention this masterpiece? It's almost on par with the one that Fixious posted:

Comparing something I made to judge something else is a bad idea.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Yar, I'm going to close up this thread here. Personally, I'd like to see the Media section updated with newer and newer approved content, but I'll still honour the 'contest' portion of this thread and announce a winner shortly.

There will likely be a 'Legions Media' thread posted up at some point, where members can post more tutorial/gameplay/what-have-you videos. This way, when we do start to advertise Legions with more enthusiasm, there will be lots of footage to help us.

Anyhow, thanks for the videos and we'll make sure to put the best ones to use!

Status
Not open for further replies.