Legions lore [Leak request ;D]

Propkid

You've mentioned it in the blog. Now we have one more question to spam all over the forums ;D
Since there was no other info about it I can't ask anything but... what will it be like? Do you have any of it ready yet?

Oh yea and, of course, someone will need to start making Legions manga once there's a lore :D

Oh and happy birthday Seymour... may you never get too old for games ;]

Gheist

King of all Goblins
I will personally get rid of everyone who tries to "mangafy" our beautiful Leejunz!

And Nvidia, Propkid is asking for a preview on the official "Legions Lore", which was kind of announced in the latest blogpost.

He wants leaks (information previously not publicly known) on the Legions lore (a storyline going along with the game) that was hinted at in the last blog post.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I can't get into specifics about the storyline, but it involves Seymour rescuing a Princess from the clutches of an Evil Tyrant.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
Oh really? You can't tell us anything at all ? :p

No remember IA, no wait their gone... Well the contract, no wait, that doesn't stop them from telling us what they're thinking about doing... Erm so, in other words they don't have any good reason to keep everything about it so tight lipped?

And yes, I fully expect to get chewed out for this post.

No, but really, why exactly can't we know anything that's going on. From the outside you're exactly the same as IA was, and it doesn't take a super genius to know people didn't like that AT ALL...

Siantlark

It's about a guy with a giant sword and he's like "Uh." And then something blows up and then he goes "Uh... Sure."

And then he walks somewhere and shoots a whole buncha people and chops em up with his giant sword and then he finds even MOAR stuff like a huge shiny Giant sword and a Rockit Lawncha!

And then he's like "Uh. Wut?"

And then he finds giantsword with wings and then he's like... "Uh. Duh?"

And then the sword turns magical and the everyone's like "WOAH!" and then he goes into the sky and everything blows up and then

Gheist walks in and censors everything. Ghedit: I WOULD NEVER SENSOR ANYTHING!

'Cept Seymour.

Cuz... Ya.

GReaper

Grumpy
No remember IA, no wait their gone... Well the contract, no wait, that doesn't stop them from telling us what they're thinking about doing... Erm so, in other words they don't have any good reason to keep everything about it so tight lipped?

And yes, I fully expect to get chewed out for this post.

No, but really, why exactly can't we know anything that's going on. From the outside you're exactly the same as IA was, and it doesn't take a super genius to know people didn't like that AT ALL...

Would you prefer us to be like the old IA? Releasing tons of inconsistent information, promising anything and everything, and then never following up on it because we don't have the time/resources to do it?

We've decided to take the cautious approach as not to disappoint players. It's far better to be more realistic with what we're aiming to do instead of just saying yes to everything even though we clearly don't have the time for it. Whilst I'm sure you'd love to hear us say that we'll guarantee X new maps, totally revamped gameplay, clan tags, demo recording, observer mode, a client free of bugs, servers located in every capital city on the planet, an entirely customisable game, etc. - it would just be unrealistic and unfair for us to guarantee anything.

We're also being cautious about what developers are posting to avoid the situation where the community scrapes every single developer post to builds up all the pieces, turning it into a developer roadmap. It's far too easy for people to take what a developer wants to appear in the game and change it into what's going to be in the game - even if it's not viable due to a lack of people.

Whilst I'm sure you want all the information now, it's certainly not fun when you know the full details of everything coming up already and you aren't pleasantly surprised when something new comes along. Instead you'd get disappointed because you think of all the things which have been promised and wonder what's taking so long, even if the last update has taken many hours of effort.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
No one is asking for promises or guarantees, we're asking that you give us an idea what's going on. Personally I'd MUCH rather you tell us that you're looking into adding X new feature to legions and finding out it just wont work than to never know anything at all. You're not InstantAction, nor are you a major game development company. People expect trial and error, and I don't think you give us enough credit. The people still here are the people who went through all of IA and quite frankly we're tired of being on the "outside" not allowed to know anything that's going on. And it just makes it worse when you have no legal reason to not tell us anything.

Just saying, maybe you should try letting people in on what you're doing. Instead of assuming we'll go tyrannical "you didn't do this when you promised!" or "you didn't do that on time!", give us a chance to prove you wrong. If you're right, and the community isn't up to it, just go back the way it was. I think the people here are more mature when it comes to that than you give them credit. And the way things are now, you refuse to even give us the chance.