Huge Update Around the Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pulse

I have a couple question about the direction of the game. I have been keeping my eye on this game since it was announced as a browser game and I play it on and off. With Tribes Ascend being the biggest disappointment I have play in recent memory, I am looking to this game to scratch that Tribes 2 itch I have had for a long long time.

So my questions are, are you going to have any vehicles of any sort? Is there going to be dropships bombers bikes etc, like in Tribes 2? Or is this just going to build off of the infantry combat that Legions Overdrive has in place and keep vehicles out of the game. Are you going to have repair packs that heal players and assets? With the new engine do you plan on making any drastic changes? Like slowing down the combat it bit by adding a bit more weight, or even maybe speeding it up? Are you adding generators to the game, and base assets? Is steam release new engine version going to have a lot of depth and features similar to tribes 2? Or is it going to be a more simple, with no vehicles, turrets, packs, etc.

Why did you choose the unity engine over torque3d? Both engines look really good, especially unity 4 but if torque 3d would be easier to port too why did you decide you wanted to go to unity? I'm not a programmer so I have extremely limited knowledge on this.

I know I keep referencing Tribes and I know this isn't the sequel to tribes but since it feels somewhat like tribes and the "official" new tribes game is a train wreck band aid fest well, I really want this game to succeed. You have me and at least 3 other people ready to buy this game when it goes retail providing it fills what we are looking for. And if the 1.40 update is any indication it seems to be heading in the right direction.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I have a couple question about the direction of the game. I have been keeping my eye on this game since it was announced as a browser game and I play it on and off. With Tribes Ascend being the biggest disappointment I have play in recent memory, I am looking to this game to scratch that Tribes 2 itch I have had for a long long time.

So my questions are, are you going to have any vehicles of any sort? Is there going to be dropships bombers bikes etc, like in Tribes 2? Or is this just going to build off of the infantry combat that Legions Overdrive has in place and keep vehicles out of the game. Are you going to have repair packs that heal players and assets? With the new engine do you plan on making any drastic changes? Like slowing down the combat it bit by adding a bit more weight, or even maybe speeding it up? Are you adding generators to the game, and base assets? Is steam release new engine version going to have a lot of depth and features similar to tribes 2? Or is it going to be a more simple, with no vehicles, turrets, packs, etc.

Why did you choose the unity engine over torque3d? Both engines look really good, especially unity 4 but if torque 3d would be easier to port too why did you decide you wanted to go to unity? I'm not a programmer so I have extremely limited knowledge on this.

I know I keep referencing Tribes and I know this isn't the sequel to tribes but since it feels somewhat like tribes and the "official" new tribes game is a train wreck band aid fest well, I really want this game to succeed. You have me and at least 3 other people ready to buy this game when it goes retail providing it fills what we are looking for. And if the 1.40 update is any indication it seems to be heading in the right direction.

Lots of questions! Currently no plans for vehicles (personally, I love the idea of vehicles), but there's going to be a lot added to the core game to give it more depth. I can't divulge beyond what's been posted on the blog, but definitely expect the game to be built upon and expanded.

As for the engine question, our lovely codemonkey pinekoan, posted this excellent reasoning behind the change. I'll admit, I was skeptical too ("Wouldn't it be easier to just port the game to t3d versus a new engine?" - answer, 'No!'), but the pros definitely outweigh the cons here.
http://forums.legionsoverdrive.com/threads/the-future-of-legions-part-one.4571/page-5#post-90780

Edit- Ninja'd by that damn Fixious!

Status
Not open for further replies.