Highest CTF Score

Arch

Legions Developer
If anyone can get 1500 in a public game, then it shouldn't be hard for you to do it.

But since you asked so nicely,
legions1548pointspug.jpg

In a PUG as chaser.
Love the number of deaths there. A whopping 222.

Disci

Old man
Ah, I was just wondering that are people nowdays THAT much more D players that it's rare to find enough O players who knows what to do. Doesn't really surprise if you think about it, D playing grants more personal score than playing O. I guess due the changes to netcode + other stuff the balance between D and O has flipped over considering that D used to be harder in previous builds.

Floks

Disci what's sad is you're completely correct. The lack of quality O players is pretty ridiculous.

Floks

No one is denying that it's harder to get points on offense. That doesn't mean that players have to be bad at offense.

Homingun

Whether people know it or not, points are a reinforcement system. They are supposed to reward the right actions while penalize or not reward the wrong ones. So when new players realize that they get awarded the most points (a supposed reflection of their effectiveness) doing certain actions, they will do them more. Currently, those actions are more defense based. Whether this is due to it being hard to quantify offensive actions or it being just a bad point system, I do not know.

Generally in any game, offense is harder than defense. This I would attribute to offense being proactive while defense being reactive. It is easier to react to a situation than to create a situation that in the end brings a favorable outcome. The latter requires skill as well as forethought taking into account many factors (some of which result in death). When looked at from this perspective, most games look like spam fests where spam overcomes coordination and forethought. Legions is unique in this regard since it is centered around a flag instead of player death. This promotes coordination, planning, and sacrifice; but I digress. It is just something to think about when playing this game.

Didn't mean for that to be a lesson or anything; just thinking things out loud.

phanakapan

Private Tester
i prefer offense in organized games, but in pubs offence is just frustrating and a waste of time most of the time (with llamas, no home d, etc)

Society

Oh wait it makes perfect sense now because one hand is in a weapon and another is holding the flag !!! But still I do not like this idea. Simply because It makes the defense job more easy. But o well.