Helpers

Siantlark

+1 I suck so you wouldn't want me on the Trainers list but I might go up for a few lessons here and there.

Finally getting an actual mouse helped too.

Mhi200

[...]pubbers that needed only a little assistance in improving and assimilating into the Vet Community.[...]

[...]Helpers are a group of players dedicated to helping new players improve.[...]

Isn't this a contradiction? I think I fall under the first category, I'd ask for help if this gets up and running.

Shade

Private Tester
Shhhh, don't point it out! But, yeah, in a way it is. Both are goals of Helpers. I’ll update the OP for clarity and a few other things in the next few days.
So we can get organized a bit easier, here are a couple of applications:

Helper Application:
What positions do you play?
Where do you live and what time zone are you in?
How long have you been playing?
When are you available?

If you need help:
What areas do you need help in?
When are you available?
Have you played Tribes?

They’re a work in progress, so if anyone has suggestions, feel free.

BeefThief

Beefy Member
If you need help:
What areas do you need help in? Routes on maps besides Nivo and Frost. Dueling.
Where do you live and what time zone are you in? USA East Coast, which is GMT -5 I believe.
When are you available? For the next week, pretty much anytime. After January 2nd, only afternoons and evenings.
Have you played Tribes? Very, very, very little.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Helper Application:

• Capper (Really need spectator mode for this, as its hard to get them to follow you first time)
  • Light Offence (Less good at this, but I can point out how to deal the damage)
  • Sniper Defence/Chasing (This is really experimental at the moment on how effective it can be, but I'm happy to give a few points)

GMT + 0

I really have no idea, probably around 8 months at max.

When are you available?

Really, I can't honestly answer this question. You know if I can help at that particular moment if I'm on IRC and haven't got 'Away' set. If there's sometime of time schedule set each week, I'll always try and be there.

On another note, I think helper applications and list should be kept in one thread, while the people needing help thread and list is in another.

I'd like to help.
Remembering that I'm Australian, I'll be available for a lot of the times other people won't be.

I posted a similar thing in one of the older forums, although I was more focussed on saying, everyone who wants to learn come on at this time, there'll be a few of us on then to help, we'll try to run you through basics of skiing, capping, fighting etc.

Lunaris

What areas do you need help in? LD Chase.
Where do you live and what time zon e are you in? Japan, GMT+9
When are you available? 5pm-8pm weekdays (my time)
Have you played Tribes? Never.

I know im far away from y'all and im not very ''available'''but i need tips and all on Chase.

Thanks.

Clide

I seem to need help:
What areas do you need help in? Anything and everything, as far as I can guess.
Where do you live and what time zone are you in? US Midwest, GMT-5
When are you available? Evenings (5pm-late GMT-5)
Have you played Tribes? Never Tribes, just Legions for about a year prior to Overdrive.

I know a few of the vets have seen me in game and asked "Are you new?" but that is as far as the conversation goes. I also know a few vets have complained about my lack of aptitude... I'll just leave it at that.

I also propose a list of common Legions terms and slang (perhaps DeadPixel may want to help here?) to help with the obvious knowledge gap:
how helpful it is to shout "DON'T LLAMA!" and leave it at that?
Thanks to the community as a whole for showing a bit of compassion to the newbloods.

Redvan

Private Tester
It's amazing how quickly people can work their way up the learning curve when they're helped. I simply told someone one thing about MAs and I noticed him already hitting more. He would lead too far, i determined this by jetting straight up and seeing where his shot went. So I told him to aim more directly at the player.

Of course, to become proficient he will have to actually force himself to do that until it becomes second nature, but, when pointed in the right direction, L:O isn't that hard to pick up on.

Propkid

If you want a brilliant example of a newbie that's learning his way up thanks to getting schooled by vets: Vertex.

What I see from the OP is that he's concentrating on getting the 'decent pubbers' into PUGs (assigning team positions lol). IMO this isn't at all necessary, what should be done is that complete newbloods should be schooled to be decent pubbers. Cos what we want to (or better: what should be) achieved by the helper's team is making the newbie playerbase more 'faithful' thus making the game more popular. Maybe as vet players we feel that L:O is a bit short of people for multiple PUGs, but the ratio of newbies to vets is what needs to be changed.

Take this example of mine, Vertex. Not a llama anymore, slowly learning to be a capper (160 grabs on moonshine w/o RJ), just starting to hit his first MAs, already decent at dodging and not at all bad in rocket groundshots. Schooled a bit by me and a lot by Mariqo. According to OP he deserves a schooling, but by now there's pretty much no way for him to quit Legions. And it's the in the likes of him that we should try getting the newbies to train, not in the likes of vets.

Besides that, great idea. I won't sign up but I lure and school people at legions anyway.

DKnight556

I played a couple PUGs in the old Legions game and really enjoyed it. I was never that good , i thought and could use some training and teaching. If you guys have a trainer system worked out i'd like to sign up to be taught but be warned im gonna be rusty

Aww, my application to be a helper was rejected :(

Oh well, whether I'm on the list or not, I'll always be happy to help those who ask. (Since I'm going to have to stop my teaching job because of uni, I might want to channel teaching energies elsewhere. :D )

w00tyou

Helper Application:
Cap, SaH, LO, HOF, Chase
US Central -6:00
2.5 years
When are you available?
Mostly weekends.
Do you have a Steam account? If so, what is its name?
MetalHaus
Will you be using an alias (please tell me it)?
MetalHaus

Dimitryy

Helper Application:
Cap and everything else too
CET +1 Berlin/Amstadam Europe
long long time
When are you available?
In the week, mosttimes around 18CET
Do you have a Steam account? If so, what is its name?
yes, but i dont use it anymore
Will you be using an alias (please tell me it)?
nope
to contact me: IRC most of the legions-channels
write a forum message or meet me ingame :)

Sulazoh

I could use some tutoring... 0.0
This is a cool idea, As a newby i appreciate that the community has this.

Floks

If you're looking for help, please try to find someone on TeamSpeak3. If I'm there you can message me anytime. Even if you don't have a microphone, come find me there.

Redvan

Private Tester
dont forget to include where you live (in general, dont need full on addresses). This helps hook you up (so to speak) with someone with similar ping and time zone.