Help with Legions Overdrive [Public Test]

Sean455

Hi guys,I've been having problems with updating my public test.Since the servers give me 200+ ping in any I join.I would love to know if anyone could give me a link to a mirror download, so I could download files for private test and host my own games.If not is there any other possible wait to update the game without failing to play at the end of the update.I can play "Live" game without a problem thanks to a mirror download.But this public test server has been a pain in the ass because it fails to open even if I update it.PLEASE DO HELP.THNX IN ADVANCE

P.S: It feels good to be back into this game,been years since I played it.Hopefully someone helps me on this so I could have a better gaming experience once again.

i think you should delete the whole public test folder and allow in to install again then you should be able to play again you can find the "public-test" folder in the legions overdrive folder.

Sean455

I've done that so many times.After it's updated..I check the folder there isn't anything inside the "public test" folder.So I'm stuck with Live.If the Admins could only put the Public test and Full client of this game on Mirror downloads.

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
This ain't a discussion, bug report?

What do you get 200+ ping in, the live servers? As you're talking about how you are having problems with the public test, then you have 200+ ping, and now you cant join the public test after update.
Could you clarify that a bit?

Defender

It took me several trys to get the game to download a few days ago.
For the public-test, all you need is the public-test folder.
Its only around 250mb. just download it, zip it up, and share it with your friends..
They could put the full game up for download, and use a checksum or what ever like its done with linux.
People could then compare the checksum, and know they are getting the original game version, not some hacked one.

Sean455

Could you make a zip of it and give me a link..So I could download.

@Voltage : Since I am from a Pacific Island and the servers are pretty much in the states or UK.It makes my ping sky rocket.Unless you have Auz servers online, I would like to play in that but more then 90% servers are empty half the time.

Sean455

Yeh exactly.Unless there is a way to host my own games "Public test", I would be getting owned pretty much every now and then.

Sean455

The problem is I can't play it after it updates.So if anyone of you has a zip file could upload it to multiupload or something so I can download it and host my own games.

GReaper

Grumpy
In the same directory as Launcher.exe - create a directory called "public-test", inside that directory create a new text file and rename it to Legions.exe (make sure it doesn't have a .txt extension). That will force the Legions Launcher into individual file download mode.

Try it first, then I'll give you a link to the full zip if that fails. Using the launcher is preferred otherwise you'll get no updates.

3lionz

Legions Developer
Hey fellers,

I'm working on patching Launcher.exe. Unless GReaper's already given you a link, you can expect an update soon.
PLEASE add a cancel button for when legions starts to automatically download "public test" versions.
(I hate not having the option when I just want to have a quick game on live.)

pinekoan

Legions Developer
Be warned, this is Alpha quality software as it hasn't been tested on a lot of different machines yet.

I've tried to fix some potential issues. If you're comfortable with this, please test it and let me know how it works.

If you still have problems, message me the contents of the file "launcher.log" in the Launcher.exe directory.

Download link here:
http://git.legions.frst.org/file/LegionsLauncher-0.4.zip

* Improved exception handling and error reporting
* Added a Cancel button when updating