Hand Grenades

Do you want hand grenades in Legions Overdrive?

• Yes

Votes: 60 65.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Other (please elaborate)

Votes: 4 4.4%

• Total voters

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Before Legions went down, the "Team" added hand grenades on the nanu_nanu and LP servers. Although they were a fun novelty, and allowed for some cool tricks (Shanks, changing direction mid air) I wasn't a big fan. Here are my questions.
1) Will hand grenades return in Legions Overdrive/are there plans to bring it back?
2) What do you, the community, think of hand grenades?

I thought hand grenades were neat, although i never figured out how to use them. My problem with them is they were a little strong compared to regular grenades and rockets. maybe if they were dialed back a bit it would be fun to have, but im undecided as to implementing them

57thEnryu

How bout mines that last longer, say you can deploy like 6 mines around the map. After all, hand grenade seem to be the same as a grenade launcher with less distance, soooo.....no need to reinvent the wheel right? Mines would be better.

U8er

I found that the pineapples raised the skill cap of the game significantly and was balanced quite well. I look forward to a time when people will begin to create innovative ways to use them.

I think no

1. I never figured out how to Use them or Install them, whatever you did
But i think the whole Hand Grenade Thing is making it like Tribes,

I may be a Fan of Legions but i am not a good follower to Tribes
Mines aswell they were also in Tribes

I Think the legions that was here before Hand Grenades Came was good.
No more trying to make it look Tribes.

Disci

Old man
Imo if we get hand grenades in Legions it's more like CS. Please don't make Legions like CS. I'm not a fan of CS!

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
Actually we are making the game like Halo/CoD/CS.
We also introduce a rapid fire weapon from these games. We also have objective tracking indicators from CoD. Voice binds and bunnyhopping(skiing) from CS.

Lol ^^^

I saw we keep it how it is
Yeah Hand Grenades Brought a New Innovation System with Caps and stuff, but i think you should the skill to MA Nade Like Me, instead of Just Throwing a Grenade​

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
I was not around at the time (darn hiatus made me miss it) of the grenades, but I had liked the idea before then and still do.

I liked the grenades, but I didn't so much like the fact that if they were shot they would explode, giving combined damage.
Too many times I'd be throwing a grenade, have someone who was attempting to MA me miss, and instead hit the grenade, causing me to not only take the damage from the MA, but also the Grenade damage.
What I would like to see is a "safety" of sorts on the grenade, where, if it is shot within a certain time period of being released, rather than actually explode, it would just disappear (so the player would take the damage from the shot, but not the damage from the grenade). If however it was the other player who threw the grenade and then shot it when it was close, it would have exceeded the time period, and as such would explode and deal the combined damage.

Admittedly such a safety would complicate the implementation of such things as "MA rocket+HandNade Jumps", but I'm sure something could be worked out.

Novaz

I liked the idea. Mostly because it added another weapon to the game, which it only had four unfortunately. I think it should not be for all classes, because a Sentinel with hand grenades... Plus the three other weapons it already has? Isn't really helping the balance of the game. But an Outrider with hand-grenades would be nice because of the low armor it already has, it should pay up with more offensive ability (I know, it's maneuverability is amazing, but this is just a quick thought). I also think the Raider should only have it for a few classes that do not have three weapons already. Since it's already a balanced load-out, why make its offensive power stronger?

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I don't mind them, if they are in special servers just like before, and not all servers.

I'd probably get used to the idea that all servers will share the same content and not be segregated like how it was in the past (with only nanunanu's and LP's having the new content). Excluding public test events, that's when new content will be tested out. These will have a 'opt-in' option, mind you, so you can still play the regular servers, if you so desire.