Frostbyte Cap Routes | For Beginners

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellismore

Now I'm starting to feel as Gheist does. As soon as you say "for beginners" your implying that this is a video to teach, and you can quote me on this when I say there is right and wrong when it comes to teaching. No, it isn't "wrong" to make up your own routes but if your saying it's for beginners, and you've specifically lowered your skill level to show them routes then they should be effective routes, easy routes, and popular routes (because they're easy).

As an experienced player you can't just (technically you can, but ethics and morals say you shouldn't) teach beginners the wrong things, such as using rocket jumping for caps on Frostbyte. Instead of getting defensive towards me, who by the way followed your guidelines of constructive criticism and tried to explain Gheist, you should think about how to improve your next video.

EDIT: Making up routes isn't wrong, but telling beginners they're right is, especially when Frostbyte has staple routes they should be learning.
You are still not getting it.
I have never, ever, ever, in my life said teaching beginners my routes is right, or wrong. When I say there is no right or wrong, I mean it applies for everything.
And I seriously don't understand why rocket jumping and RJ is such a big deal. I get the flag quickly and get back in a decent amount of time while able to stay above velocity warning.
The routes work, that's all I care about.
When I started playing Legions, all I cared about was if they worked, and once I got better I started working on making the working ones better.
So for me, this is the way, but this is just my preference and again as I said before pretty much this whole thing is my opinion. You don't like it, that's fine. Leave a suggestion or don't, just don't start saying something bad about it when you produce nothing better yourself.

Pitty words. Since when can newbie do rocket jump? When I started play Legions I remember well I never used rocket jump in cap routes ONLY when I needed it.
Also rocket jump is needed on different kind cap routes. Aswell depends what defense is. 
You would have to have a serious case of mental retardation to not be able to rocket jump. You shoot the ground beneath you, really not hard.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
[...] You're accusing me of an attempt to troll... [...]
Rhetorics. You're saying the routes contained in your video wouldn't be used by more experienced players, like yourself. Nonetheless you're saying that people new to the game should learn them. This directly raises the questions that have been posted. Why not have them learn the easy stuff that's actually useful and thus gets used?

[...] I'm not getting defensive, i'm merely defending what i've made and you're trying to ruin/destroy [...]
Again, the only thing that Frost, Disci, _Dominator_ , 7 Fissurez and myself are "attacking" (if you really want to call it that), is the fact that you labelled your video to be "for beginners", nothing more (most likely with the sole intention to not get that "Oh this sucks really bad learn to play mumbo jumbo"; that doesn't work though). Again, "that doesn't change a single thing about your video [...], which is a nice mix of FB routes of different levels of usability." It is a nice little video. There's nothing wrong with it. Noone said that. Call it "Mixed assortment of FB routes" and everything is dandy.

[...] You criticize my work however you produce nothing of your own. Show me something better and i'll shut the hell up.
A) That's not how it works.
B) Your "work" itself is fine, there's no need to defend it. The premise of "I just say it's for beginners, that will save me some comments on how useless some of my fun routes are" is what's wrong. "To say that your video is for beginners, doesn't make your job any easier."
C) It's not only me telling you that, so just think about it. Apparently there's some truth to it.
D) I'd love to have the time to do a series "for beginners" on Leejunz. Starting with basic controls and movement, OD, weapons, armor classes and their specialties, the basics of CTF, and basic routes for the most played maps, for the newcomers to build on. But that takes time, time I sadly do not have at the moment.

And yet again, to end this post, and so that you don't forget it: It is a nice little video. There's nothing wrong with it. Noone said that.

[...] You would have to have a serious case of mental retardation to not be able to rocket jump. [...]
Or just be totally new to the game. A beginner. Your chosen target audience.

ellismore

Rhetorics. You're saying the routes contained in your video wouldn't be used by more experienced players, like yourself. Nonetheless you're saying that people new to the game should learn them. This directly raises the questions that have been posted. Why not have them learn the easy stuff that's actually useful and thus gets used?

Again, the only thing that Frost, Disci, _Dominator_ , 7 Fissurez and myself are "attacking" (if you really want to call it that), is the fact that you labelled your video to be "for beginners", nothing more (most likely with the sole intention to not get that "Oh this sucks really bad learn to play mumbo jumbo"; that doesn't work though). Again, "that doesn't change a single thing about your video [...], which is a nice mix of FB routes of different levels of usability." It is a nice little video. There's nothing wrong with it. Noone said that. Call it "Mixed assortment of FB routes" and everything is dandy.

A) That's not how it works.
B) Your "work" itself is fine, there's no need to defend it. The premise of "I just say it's for beginners, that will save me some comments on how useless some of my fun routes are" is what's wrong. "To say that your video is for beginners, doesn't make your job any easier."
C) It's not only me telling you that, so just think about it. Apparently there's some truth to it.
D) I'd love to have the time to do a series "for beginners" on Leejunz. Starting with basic controls and movement, OD, weapons, armor classes and their specialties, the basics of CTF, and basic routes for the most played maps, for the newcomers to build on. But that takes time, time I sadly do not have at the moment.

And yet again, to end this post, and so that you don't forget it: It is a nice little video. There's nothing wrong with it. Noone said that.

Or just be totally new to the game. A beginner. Your chosen target audience.
I see. You're putting up SEVERAL lines of words over a video title. How interesting.
Cap for beginners.
What's wrong with that, honestly. It's a route, for a beginner...
It's not teaching, it's GIVING it to them, as in for.

Frost

I see. You're putting up SEVERAL lines of words over a video title. How interesting.
Cap for beginners.
What's wrong with that, honestly. It's a route, for a beginner...
It's not teaching, it's GIVING it to them, as in for.
You seem to be unable to comprehend the fact that your title means you're trying to teach beginners how to cap. Regardless of the intent of the video, the label means "if you are a beginner, this is for you." By this I mean, you intend it to be for those with little to no prior legions experience, and your "teaching" them Frostbyte routes.

You are still not getting it.
I have never, ever, ever, in my life said teaching beginners my routes is right, or wrong. When I say there is no right or wrong, I mean it applies for everything.
And I seriously don't understand why rocket jumping and RJ is such a big deal. I get the flag quickly and get back in a decent amount of time while able to stay above velocity warning.
The routes work, that's all I care about.
When I started playing Legions, all I cared about was if they worked, and once I got better I started working on making the working ones better.
So for me, this is the way, but this is just my preference and again as I said before pretty much this whole thing is my opinion. You don't like it, that's fine. Leave a suggestion or don't, just don't start saying something bad about it when you produce nothing better yourself.
You would have to have a serious case of mental retardation to not be able to rocket jump. You shoot the ground beneath you, really not hard.

We can debate the finer points of using a RJ to cap on Frostbyte if you wish, however you won't win. To your latter point about producing something myself, I shall comply and create a short but effective Frostbyte route video with the intent of it being -for beginners-

ellismore

You seem to be unable to comprehend the fact that your title means your trying to teach beginners how to cap. Regardless of the intent of the video, the label means "if you are a beginner, this is for you." By this I mean, you intend it to be for those with little to no prior legions experience, and your "teaching" them Frostbyte routes.

We can debate the finer points of using a RJ to cap on Frostbyte if you wish, however you won't win. To your latter point about producing something myself, I shall comply and create a short but effective Frostbyte route video with the intent of it being -for beginners-
You really are an asshole aren't you? Like, i'm sorry, but this is what assholes do.
Who the HELL said I was trying to win ANY debate of ANY kind?
I was never trying to prove anything or debate anything this whole time. Only reason this seems like a debate is because I'm defending my case.
And yes, this is for beginners, your point? You just keep coming back when I say stop. What a guy.

And to be honest I don't feel comfortable taking advice from someone who doesn't the difference between your and you're.

Frost

You really are an asshole aren't you? Like, i'm sorry, but this is what assholes do.
Who the HELL said I was trying to win ANY debate of ANY kind?
I was never trying to prove anything or debate anything this whole time. Only reason this seems like a debate is because I'm defending my case.
And yes, this is for beginners, your point? You just keep coming back when I say stop. What a guy.
And to be honest I don't feel comfortable taking advice from someone who doesn't the difference between your and you're.
I didn't say you were trying to win a debate, you keep saying a rocket jump is useful, which it is, but not for capping on frostbyte so I said we can debate, not that we are.
You actually from what I recall haven't told me to stop, you told Gheist to stop, and I supported that and tried to explain his actions yet you flipped out. Lastly, I shall (just for you) go into my previous post and edit my one grammar mistake you decided to pick up.

My video which you requested shall be up shortly, though I have no doubt this thread will be locked soon.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9AWv_koluQ
note: I don't claim that these routes are perfect, however they are straightforward and used by the majority of players and are good building blocks for newer players. Also, I'm finished commenting on this thread as you fail to understand what anyone is telling you
Constructive criticism, tips on improvement, or even adding your own routes is appreciated.
Just as a side note, I've done all of the above yet been called an asshole for it.

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
You want some CC? You got it.
1st route, 00:00-00:29
Decent. Not a fan of the RJ on the return home, considering it put you at critical. Always attempt to account for a little bit of damage taken when capg. Newbloods should be taught this.
2nd route: 00:29-00:59
You didn't need to RJ on the way to the stand. RJing is for extra speed. You don't need that extra speed if you're just going to OD out of the base.
3rd route: 1:00-1:30
Standard route. Again, not a fan of the rocket jump, but oh well.
4th route: 1:31-2:04
Fine. It works, it's decent. Your health is still pretty low b/c of the RJ. That sort of "drop down" route works better in outrider because you don't need to RJ.
5th route 2:05-2:35
That RJ is unnecessary. There's a better way of pulling that off IMO, by landing on the slope of the hill you RJ'd over (it is, albeit, a little more challenging).
6th route: 2:36-3:11
Fine. A decent route with decent speed. Easy to get sniped when floating up, but dodging is challenging. The second RJ was a little unnecessary. You probably could have made it without it (by landing on the same slope I mentioned in number 5)
7th route 3:12-3:50
Nice set up, nice angle. Newbies should be exposed to some different angles other than basic front routes. It may not be as practical, but diversifying never hurt.
8th route 3:52-4:40
I would advice showing the set up to that route. You could probably have gotten more speed by simply going down the back hill and up the hill (so your route would start up in the air instead of on the ground). Again, nice angle.
9th route 4:41-5:22
There's actually a better way of landing in the "Crack" for more speed. I'm not sure if you'd still need the RJ. (I'm very used to OR, so it's very possible I'm wrong).
10th route 5:24-6:20
Interesting set up. Here would be the time where I would argue for no OD and an RJ instead. In this route, the OD actually slowed you down. A tweak in the angle of approach, and an RJ as you hit the stand would launch you pretty quickly. That route, executed correctly, can be difficult to chase.
11th route 6:21-7:12
As others have said, this route is a tad impractical (it's still interesting though). I believe that you should have redone that one. I'm assuming you missed the flag and OD'd around to get it. If you hadn't, you could have gone up hill, jetted over a little bit, then jet down the hill at the back of that base. With an RJ (*gasp*) you're home.
Hope this helps.

ellismore

I didn't say you were trying to win a debate, you keep saying a rocket jump is useful, which it is, but not for capping on frostbyte so I said we can debate, not that we are.
You actually from what I recall haven't told me to stop, you told Gheist to stop, and I supported that and tried to explain his actions yet you flipped out. Lastly, I shall (just for you) go into my previous post and edit my one grammar mistake you decided to pick up.

My video which you requested shall be up shortly, though I have no doubt this thread will be locked soon.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9AWv_koluQ
note: I don't claim that these routes are perfect, however they are straightforward and used by the majority of players and are good building blocks for newer players. Also, I'm finished commenting on this thread as you fail to understand what anyone is telling you

Just as a side note, I've done all of the above yet been called an asshole for it.
yes because all you're trying to do is make me feel stupid and make me feel like i'm wrong.

Disci

Old man
God! You asked for constructive critisizm and now since everyone gave you what you wanted you suddenly don't wanna hear it and start to act like a bitch.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Alright, closing thread. Constructive criticism does not appear to be wanted here, and tempers are flaring over tiny details.

Feel free to post the video in the Legions Skill Capping thread, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.