Filter

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
I feel like only OmniFilter should be allowed to chat.

I don't know if I've heard his voice either. Just his Dr Giggles-esque giggle.

As for dealing with Quick Chat abuse, I'd like to see some sort of 'mute' player option. Say you can set either to mute a specific player's quick chat, their text chat, or both. While it can be annoying, Quick Chat can also be very useful for pub play (incoming enemies, take the flag, etc).

Siantlark

I don't know if I've heard his voice either. Just his Dr Giggles-esque giggle.

As for dealing with Quick Chat abuse, I'd like to see some sort of 'mute' player option. Say you can set either to mute a specific player's quick chat, their text chat, or both. While it can be annoying, Quick Chat can also be very useful for pub play (incoming enemies, take the flag, etc).
I'd say this would be best for everyone right now. Yoou can make the guy shut up, he won't know, and you'd stop getting annoyed!

Hawk

Back to the filter..which I think is needed. My case, a f-bomb dropper, continuously cursing and called himself a fake Mabel, oh and team killed. Was quite annoying.
Evidence:
Legions 2011-01-31 18-13-33-03.jpg
Legions 2011-01-31 18-13-33-03.jpg
Legions 2011-01-31 18-16-12-55.jpg

Attachments

• Legions 2011-01-31 18-15-29-33.jpg
    Legions 2011-01-31 18-15-29-33.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 12

Daphinicus

Private Tester
The sad thing is, these are most likely members of the community we play with every day, who, for some unfathomable reason, find it entertaining to be selfishly juvenile bastards.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
A quote from IRC:

* Jodediah (xxxxx) has joined #Legions.info
<Jodediah> Hello all
<Jodediah> quick question today
<Jodediah> Do people get banned for inappropriate usernames around here?
<Jodediah> got someone in my game going by the name of "CockButtTheCockRaper"
<Jodediah> don't want to be seeing that in my chat history
<Fireblasto> hehe
<Fireblasto> No idea
* Gheist likes slapping people and randomly picks GReaper to slap.
<Fireblasto> I thought you weren't violent ? :(
<GReaper> renamed
* ByTor (xxxxx) has joined #Legions.info
<Fireblasto> This is a good example where cr
<Fireblasto> character limit, bad word remover and special character ban would be useful
<GReaper> it's on the todo list

Propkid

Id put my money in for an 'admin/privileged' group. We are in beta after all.
Also, age restrictions for legions? i really dont want to be censored when talking to a bunny/hunter or just someone i dislike.

RockeyRex

Legions Developer
I suppose an optional client side profanity filter is the way to go. Id actually prefer the forum filter to be optional as well. >.>

Daphinicus

Private Tester
If you can't say something nice...

Age restrictions aren't happening; that's just silly talk right there. I'm guessing the filter, if and when implemented, will be toggleable, though I'm hoping it won't be. While I don't have much issue with expletives used for their own sake, in relation to how you yourself are doing (e.g., "Cookies, I sucked"), I have an issue with folk who use profanity against others.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
Bad words can be written in many forms that you will understand so the filter won't work.

A filter will never stop everything, but not everyone cares to go around the filter either. So it will always cut down on the language if nothing else.