Filter

Frost

Not sure if this has been suggested but sadly I think it's time an in game filter was added (thought we were mature enough). A few problems with pubs stem from name calling (Such as Avanai or whatever) and it also creates problems between New Bloods and Elitists. Preferably since there's quick chat now I'd like to see the chat go completely. Legions is a fast paced game so typing isn't really needed. I'm also pretty tired of having random racist comments thrown at me on a game where I come to relax. I figured as we're mainly a player base of 14+ this wouldn't be needed; but the constant words thrown at others for practically no reason other then that you're doing what your supposed to do is pretty tiring.

Summary
-Remove chat and expand QC if needed or add in a filter (if possible)

I agree. As of late I've been noticing this, expecially with the above mentioned person in Frost's post. Of course, i'm not saying i've never used curses in my chat, but we're all bound to "slip the tongue" once in a while, but not to be like Oh *f-bomb* you after someone kills you, etc.

Another thing i suggest is a filter on the in-game nicknames. I've seen some pretty ridiculous names out there such as- well, i'll leave them out, if you want to know some examples just message me. If there is a filter on the in-game nicknames, then there is NO reason you should go around the filter by switching two letters to create a clever little name with the intent on being racist/offensive. If you feel that you mustbe offensive/racist, find another game/website or whatever. But not here.

Frost

Are you suggesting we take away freedom of speech?
Great you got the point of my thread exactly, amazing.

On a note that isn't sarcastic, how often in any fps game do people type besides to make fun of someone, swear, make random posts or say racial things. If you need to say "nice shot", that's in quick chat. "Nice shot", laughing, and "shazbot" are usually the only things I say. Most people use that + "idiot" and nothing else.
It isn't really taking away freedom of speech as you can come on here and post relatively whatever you want (mind you it can get deleted on here). You could make that argument for the forums but, oh wait, the filter is already implemented I wonder why. Freedom of speech isn't, well shouldn't be insulting people with everything you say. There's ts3 if you want to have your freedom of speech with someone. Sitting and typing also slows the game down a lot.
Note: Going to sleep, I'll read whatever is said tomorrow

Siantlark

I wouldn't like to see chat go because I use it still to communicate with people and to just talk. I know I know. This isn't Twitter or Facebook.
But still making little jokes here and there and giving newbies tips isn't going to be inside QC anytime soon.

As for the filter for the chat
+1

Wuzgud

Legions Developer
I've seen some pretty ridiculous names out there
I know I hate all those people with ridiculous nicknames. Why can't everyone have a normal one like Lieutenant General Wuzgud the Third of All the Russias?

Daphinicus

Private Tester
We're working on bringing in vote-kicking. That should hopefully allow for players to weed out individuals who are ruining the game for everyone else.

ocarina_boy

We're working on bringing in vote-kicking. That should hopefully allow for players to weed out individuals who are ruining the game for everyone else.

What happens if the game room is filled with alot of people who know each other, and/or in TS3. They'll have some thing going, maybe a friend who wants to join a full server. I foresee potential unfair vote-kicking of players who didn't warrant it.:confused:

What happens if the game room is filled with alot of people who know each other, and/or in TS3. They'll have some thing going, maybe a friend who wants to join a full server. I foresee potential unfair vote-kicking of players who didn't warrant it.:confused:
Get the game to make the vote initiator to give a reason, and give the ability for the person who was kicked to complain if they feel the kick was unjustified. Although, tbh it's not as if it really matters, it's just a kick, not a ban.

Talking on topic, I'd like to see a chat filter, not because i don't like colourful language, but because I have a tendency to add it without really noticing and I'd prefer other people not get offended by me or someone else.

I wouldn't support removing chat. Perhaps you don't use it for much except insults, but I use it regularly for a large number of reasons.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I agree with the part of filtering out bad language, you can always use IRC for that.

I disagree with the fact of taking away the user pressing the 't' button and being able to type something he wants in.

About people mentioned above, I believe the Devs are working on Admin systems, and you can always get Mabel to come in and kickban some people.

Daphinicus

Private Tester

That would be a blatant abuse of the vote-kick system. If the wrongfully kicked individual were to come to us and mention the parties involved, we'd do something about it.

ocarina_boy

... Although, tbh it's not as if it really matters, it's just a kick, not a ban.

...Just a kick? I really don't think it's a minor nick on the side, something that can be gotten over easily. It's cyber-bullying, and un-ethical. I'm not an idle-minded fool and would certainly not tolerate being kicked from a game when I didn't do anything wrong. I hope others feel the same way.

Talking on topic, I'd like to see a chat filter, not because i don't like colourful language, but because I have a tendency to add it without really noticing and I'd prefer other people not get offended by me or someone else.

I do not support a chat filter at all. It's unneccessary policing of something that isn't a big issue. It's how our Governments operate. They bring in ridiculous new laws under the pretence of protecting our safety or liberty, when in fact it does the opposite. It takes away our free will. But the masses eat it up because they are stupid and don't care about freedom. They like being slaves! Aslong as they have their soda-pop and their X-box live and their twelve-inch radials they are content consumers. I understand that people can go over-board with swearing whilst in-game. It does not mean you have to totally ban any 'naughty-words'.

Siantlark

You went overboard with the rant about governments. But seriously taking away cursing is not taking away freedom of speech.

Dabbleh

Legions Developer
Yep, don't take away 'T' chat, how else will we tell new players what Llama means, or why everyone is on the same team and is chasing after a guy carrying the FALG?

Daphinicus

Private Tester
I'd have zero issue with implementing the same filter we use on the forums in in-game chat. So, "dancing," "cookies," etc. etc. It's basically part of our vernacular anyways.

As for removing chat completely except for quick chat, that ain't gonna happen. It's too useful a tool for non-dancers, despite how dancers might abuse it.