Fastest Speed Ever Achieved

PureWhoopAss

Legions Developer
There's no roof. I checked (at least on Mirage). Just like there's no 'floor' (I think...).

you are correct, its endless space up/down and all around as well. Think of it as a piece a paper floating in space.

what made ultra renegades fun is sometimes you would go endless height up in the air and wait until right moment to come back down to ground level. Though I was always seeking and destroying the little hiding flag carrier. :p

broccoli

Once got 428 on Blade Run with a sentinel boost. Another time I no-clipped through Zenith and reached around 720.

What is this sentinel boost of which you speak? If you're talking about having a sentinal OD into you to give you an extra push, I can't say that I've found my fat OD to have much pushing power. Hopefully there's another trick to it right?

Abandoned

What is this sentinel boost of which you speak? If you're talking about having a sentinal OD into you to give you an extra push, I can't say that I've found my fat OD to have much pushing power. Hopefully there's another trick to it right?

It's basically an accidental "slingshot" that the sentinel does when he OD's a player in a way I don't even know, but it gives you insane speeds..

Disci

Old man
I've been able to pull 240m/s with one of my routes. It's the max speed when capping and still be effective. If you disagree, you're a moron.

WhiteHawk

its from the fastes grab speed thread ... there are alot over 300 grabs. some without overdrive speedup :)
Nice but does take a lot of skill and...... dimitryy is that ur real name....if so do you know a gut named jonathan and or Bishup? Cause if so I think I might know u.

rock

There is a happy medium between how effective a route is and how fast it is.... if your route is "too fast" you could end up weakening its effectiveness in a game-play situation. Anyone can go for speed to ensure an effective grab, but few can follow it up and get the cap. Good routes go full circle and have few or no weaknesses. Speed is very necessary, but when lacking other aspects of a good route, you become only good for moving the flag/distracting for others to make up for your weakness.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
I've found that while I don't go too fast, I have a few routes on Forgotten, Zenith and Blade Run that as long as I can grab the flag at 150+ I can make it back to base.

Propkid

There is a happy medium between how effective a route is and how fast it is.... if your route is "too fast" you could end up weakening its effectiveness in a game-play situation. Anyone can go for speed to ensure an effective grab, but few can follow it up and get the cap. Good routes go full circle and have few or no weaknesses. Speed is very necessary, but when lacking other aspects of a good route, you become only good for moving the flag/distracting for others to make up for your weakness.
Nah. IMO the faster the route in the direction of your base the better. I mean cmon, why do a 250 front grab on zenith? o.0 And good routes don't go full circle but straight from enemy base to your base imo. Full circle allows the enemy to e-grab while you're returning= bad.

Disci

Old man
Depends so much what the situation is. Generaly best route is a sneaky ninja route which comes as total surprise from behind the hill/base/Cont's ass. Having it as a fast one and quick return is also very important, but in the end you're totaly screwed if there is no distraction and defense is even a bit aware.

GOD, WAY TO TAKE THIS *chocolate cookies* OFF TOPIC! Not that it would matter much, since the thread is useless piece of *chocolate cookies* anyway.

Xtreme

shaska's bff
Nah. IMO the faster the route in the direction of your base the better. I mean cmon, why do a 250 front grab on zenith? o.0 And good routes don't go full circle but straight from enemy base to your base imo. Full circle allows the enemy to e-grab while you're returning= bad.

Misunderstandings: the result of a stubborn legions kid who is horny and has decided to waste his time on the forums by responding to a solid claim. Overlooking the fact that rock is a tribes vet and that he probably knows what he's talking about, he said good routes go full circle and he's right because to set up a backroute like the one you describe (which i honestly think is lame and strips you of your so called skill) will require a full circle on your part.

edit: shutup disci

Propkid

Misunderstandings: the result of a stubborn legions kid who is horny and has decided to waste his time on the forums by responding to a solid claim. Overlooking the fact that rock is a tribes vet and that he probably knows what he's talking about, he said good routes go full circle and he's right because to set up a backroute like the one you describe (which i honestly think is lame and strips you of your so called skill) will require a full circle on your part.

edit: shutup disci
Cool, claiming that someone is right solely due to his reputation/experience and then trying to further support his claim by... calling backroutes lame.
Ooh, and NN to go full circle: 1. You could just fly next to/under/above the enemy base (assume no sniper) 2. You could just sit back behind their base waiting for their flag to be returned so you get a fast cap-after-cap (I think the best term for this is rebound cap, but ooh I'm not a vet so there's poo coming out of my mouth.)
Ooh ooh, and then in your edit you also discarded another respected vet's opinion which kindof negates your previous argument about vet opinion>my opinion.

Gosh, why do you always have to make normal discussions so damn aggresive xtreme...

GOD, WAY TO TAKE THIS *chocolate cookies* OFF TOPIC! Not that it would matter much, since the thread is useless piece of *chocolate cookies* anyway.

Off topic= only fun thing in here recently :D

Poponfu

Lead Developer
The fastest I've seen that was a real route with a exit was was 346. Homi has a absurd raider route he made up on zenith for it.