Elegiac and Skybolt Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements & Updates' started by GReaper, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GReaper

GReaper Grumpy

2. Wingedflame1

Wingedflame1 Member

whaa? D: even LOWER splash damage? now THAT will cause some problems o.o (probably not, but w/e :3)

3. WildFire

WildFire Warrior of Linux

Yeah, those slides needed to have something done to them, good job guys. I guess this means you listen to our feedback :p

4. Noober

Noober Member

5. Royalty

Royalty The Aussie

Nice. Now the Skybolt isn't OP. It doesn't even have anything in common with the rocket launcher. Good work.

It's like a totally new weapon, not a RLII.

Imma stick with the RL though. I like that feeling of being able to kill someone with 2 ma's.

6. Synista

Synista Member

There's hardly been a difference in the splash damage, maybe it's because I'm accurate or because there really isn't a significant difference and be realistic here, does a 'Bolt' or Railgun (Which is the concept of this weapon) have a large radius like a RL? I honestly prefer the SkyBolt, I could of made a montage with all the 300+ MA's I was getting today. It's crazy, but we all have our preferences :D

7. Royalty

Royalty The Aussie

Um, I actually changed my response before you posted that... :p

8. Armageddon

Armageddon Teapot

Thats much better, now i have to think a little in the game "RL or SB".

9. Epiclight858

Epiclight858 Member

So they have"improved" the SB for the upcoming railgun... interesting. I don't care either way because I don't use the SB.

10. OmniNept

OmniNept Actionaut

Just FYI:

The poster's stating that the splash reduction was introduced to make the SB more like a railgun. He's not stating that they're making changes in anticipation of adding a railgun.

What probably happened is that they tested a hitscan railgun and found that it raped slow, floaty Legions players. The SB is their compromise, as is evident from the name.

XtremeSpeed and Shade like this.
  11. SeymourGore

SeymourGore Flatulent Cherub

Skybolt is the equivalent of the railgun.

Edit: Ninja'd by that villain Nept!

12. Epiclight858

Epiclight858 Member

Woops. Thanks.

13. Royalty

Royalty The Aussie

When is the actually skybolt coming out? Meaning when will a model be introduced to replace the current rocket launcher, which is present when you are using the skybolt.

14. SeymourGore

SeymourGore Flatulent Cherub

No firm date yet, but it is being worked on.

15. the-champ

the-champ Member

lowered splash radius for Bolt! One more reason for me to hate it.:L

16. qqchurch

qqchurch Member

It'll never be a favorite for those who : (a) have high ping or (b) love ground pounding, but it's still fun to finally MA people with a weapon in >150 ping. :)

17. Vinzyboy23

Vinzyboy23 Member

I wonder when Elegiac will be pushed into live?

18. radiofriendly

radiofriendly Member

Well, experience learned that they'll push it live when it works. If there are no major bugs of flaws with the current version it will probably be on the live servers within the week.

19. GReaper

GReaper Grumpy

More feedback would be useful for Elegiac so we can figure out if it needs more tweaks before it can be pushed live.

Sometimes it can be a bit hard to figure out if the absolute silence is a good thing or not. We're assuming that no negative feedback means that we've solved most of the issues, but the number of pickups on this map determines if it's as great as the mighty FrostByte.

If you like it and want it on live, let us know!

20. Propkid

Propkid Member

Elegiac is really tough to play in a pub with a less organized team. Rookies will suffer on it but I assume this is pretty much intended. O/D is sufficiently balanced, although I've had some issues trying to return the flag when the capper went on the peak behind his base with 2 defenders near him. It was impossible to touch him.
    There are no issues really, but it is a map of the extremes. I still don't understand the tunnel though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.