Elegiac and Skybolt Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Yeah, those slides needed to have something done to them, good job guys. I guess this means you listen to our feedback :p

Royalty

The Aussie
Nice. Now the Skybolt isn't OP. It doesn't even have anything in common with the rocket launcher. Good work.

It's like a totally new weapon, not a RLII.

Imma stick with the RL though. I like that feeling of being able to kill someone with 2 ma's.

Synista

I actually preferred the rocket launcher before this update, as it did more damage. You just gave me another reason to prefer it. :)

EDIT: This is the first update I have actually disliked...

Increase splash damage!

There's hardly been a difference in the splash damage, maybe it's because I'm accurate or because there really isn't a significant difference and be realistic here, does a 'Bolt' or Railgun (Which is the concept of this weapon) have a large radius like a RL? I honestly prefer the SkyBolt, I could of made a montage with all the 300+ MA's I was getting today. It's crazy, but we all have our preferences :D

So they have"improved" the SB for the upcoming railgun... interesting. I don't care either way because I don't use the SB.

OmniNept

Actionaut
Just FYI:

The poster's stating that the splash reduction was introduced to make the SB more like a railgun. He's not stating that they're making changes in anticipation of adding a railgun.

What probably happened is that they tested a hitscan railgun and found that it raped slow, floaty Legions players. The SB is their compromise, as is evident from the name.

Royalty

The Aussie
When is the actually skybolt coming out? Meaning when will a model be introduced to replace the current rocket launcher, which is present when you are using the skybolt.

GReaper

Grumpy
More feedback would be useful for Elegiac so we can figure out if it needs more tweaks before it can be pushed live.

Sometimes it can be a bit hard to figure out if the absolute silence is a good thing or not. We're assuming that no negative feedback means that we've solved most of the issues, but the number of pickups on this map determines if it's as great as the mighty FrostByte.

If you like it and want it on live, let us know!

Propkid

Elegiac is really tough to play in a pub with a less organized team. Rookies will suffer on it but I assume this is pretty much intended. O/D is sufficiently balanced, although I've had some issues trying to return the flag when the capper went on the peak behind his base with 2 defenders near him. It was impossible to touch him.
There are no issues really, but it is a map of the extremes. I still don't understand the tunnel though...

Status
Not open for further replies.