Did i do the right thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Propkid

coyote_jaw_drop.jpg

I'd answer that for these two and totally burn you but I just cannot be arsed and I'll go sleep, so good night...

there are a bazillion of fallacies to your posts in this thread and i think that by now you should've spotted them and started appreciating that nobody is *dancing* you inside out for them. That's all I have the effort to say, gnite

skypredator

Quite honestly, Fire and Gheist can post mean/hurtful/sarcastic comments and get away with it, but we can't? My, oh, my.

I'm disappointed. And I really don't see this thread going anywhere. :(

Armageddon

Teapot
Fkn srs?

You pretty much bring this *chocolate cookies* upon yourself and then when your opponent gets the better of you (which is usually the case) you blame this secret inner community for your short comings.

You without batting a lash gave maddog a pat on the back for what? Giving his 2 cents to a 14 year old girl who COULD have just served him a warm pile of bullshit for attention. Now this family which we know nothing about except he said she said *chocolate cookies* has to deal with CPS over what may be a bullshit story, thats why you're a moron and why maddog is one as well. Sometimes it's better to worry about your own *chocolate cookies* then to go poking around in others that you have no valid facts to even form an opinion about.

skypredator

He kept most of it private.

Do the math. He wasn't giving us a sketchy story.

He was being considerate of the two kids and decided to keep the information at a minimum. Trust me, I can tell there's more he hasn't told us, for confidentiality's sake. Now, if you want to rebuke us for patting him on the back for "no reason", go ahead, just don't go off on a cursing streak, please. There are nicer ways to state your opinions. :)

Armageddon

Teapot
You are totally missing my point, his source of information is this girl who he says he just met and only her word. He has seen nothing in action, he saw a couple bruises that again she says are from her mother. No solid proof.

And maybe her mother aughta whoop her ass more for hanging around a 21 year old pedo.

skypredator

If you see heavy bruising on someone, you should take their word for it. What if she were contemplating suicide to end it all? If he had said she was lying should probably would've given up all hope and killed herself. After all, why would she tell someone she just met? She was desperate.

Stop putting labels on him like "Pedo". It's wrong and low.

My old next door neighbor (She's been my next door neighbor since roughly three weeks ago) had been hit and verbally abused by her drunken father. Guess what? This caused her to form a posse of other kids that came from a broken home, pretended to be my good friends, then tore my best friends and I apart with lies and slander. Then, they made my life hell with physical, mental, and verbal abuse. Not once did I retaliate; rather, I stood up to it and took it all without saying a *dancing* word. I knew they situation was very, very volatile. They did this in public, through the internet, and through my phone. Harassment day after day. They also caused hundreds of dollars in damage to my house.

They made my life hell. The wounds are still open.

My point is, kids from broken homes are very unstable. At least he took actions to prevent not only the mother from hurting them, but also from the girl hurting/killing herself or someone else. You don't know what she might have done to herself/someone else.

And now you know a tiny bit about my past and why I hide it so much.

Chill out, dudes. He protected two young lives and you're going to yell at him like that?
And Ripper, they keep posting sarcastic/rude replies. I'm not trolling; I'm simply standing up to this *chocolate cookies*, 'cause quite honestly, it pisses me off to see this from two Devs , and it shouldn't be this way in the first place. Shhh.

skypredator

That's their choice. Now shut up. Today sucks enough already, I don't need the whole *dancing* community to start whining at me. Geez.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
That's their choice. Now shut up. Today sucks enough already, I don't need the whole *dancing* community to start whining at me. Geez.

Stop acting like an idiot, and many probably wouldn't. Print this off for future reference:

Love the change in picture, I would stop posting for at least 3 months if you want to remain in this community. Or Gheist might eat you with his logic.

Armageddon

Teapot
If you see heavy bruising on someone, you should take their word for it.
I have bruises all are self inflicted, hell one time i was drunk and fell into a wall and got a black eye, that doesn't mean someone punched me in the face.

What if she were contemplating suicide to end it all? If he had said she was lying should probably would've given up all hope and killed herself. After all, why would she tell someone she just met? She was desperate.
Don't throw "What ifs" around just to make your argument seem more likely, This didn't happen in the OP so stop twisting things.

Stop putting labels on him like "Pedo". It's wrong and low.
Technically it's correct, 14f/21m Seven years apart and also shes under the age of consent.

My old next door neighbor (She's been my next door neighbor since roughly three weeks ago) had been hit and verbally abused by her drunken father. Guess what? This caused her to form a posse of other kids that came from a broken home, pretended to be my good friends, then tore my best friends and I apart with lies and slander. Then, they made my life hell with physical, mental, and verbal abuse. Not once did I retaliate; rather, I stood up to it and took it all without saying a *dancing* word. I knew they situation was very, very volatile. They did this in public, through the internet, and through my phone. Harassment day after day. They also caused hundreds of dollars in damage to my house.
If you are in real life as you are here then again you bring situations like this upon yourself by throwing your opinion around as if it were fact and then blasting others if they disagree. They didn't just say hey lets get this kid for some lulz, you did something. But anyhow this has nothing to do with the OP. Invalid.

My point is, kids from broken homes are very unstable. At least he took actions to prevent not only the mother from hurting them, but also from the girl hurting/killing herself or someone else. You don't know what she might have done to herself/someone else.
I'm from a home broken 3 times over and im stable, sure i drink a lot but it doesn't effect my daily life. 82% of people from broken homes are fine people. Your right though i don't know what she might have done, but neither do you. Somehow you take the extreme path that she may have killed herself or others, and it leaves me wondering why.

Not enough.

Chill out, dudes. He protected two young lives and you're going to yell at him like that?
Not yelling BUT NOW I AM! You think he may have protected a family and thats fine and a noble thing if this is all true, but on the other side of the coin(The side you refuse to see) he may have broken apart a family already broken apart by a divorce as OP states.

they keep posting sarcastic/rude replies. I'm not trolling; I'm simply standing up to this *chocolate cookies*, 'cause quite honestly, it pisses me off to see this from two Devs , and it shouldn't be this way in the first place. Shhh.
No one has been rude otherwise this thread would be locked, they have pointed out that he may not have done the best thing but whos to say. They just gave their take on the question given but it didn't line up with yours so of course it's wrong and sarcastic/rude.

Also no Devs posted on this at all, some mods. Which they are allowed to do so as members of the community just as you are allowed to.

Strife

If you see heavy bruising on someone, you should take their word for it.

Why? It's not as if it's impossible to bruise yourself or suffer beatings from a bully, etc.

After all, why would she tell someone she just met?

Some people are manipulative and will do a lot for attention, or to hurt someone else for whatever reason.

Honestly this story is comes off as really fantastic and it seems to be a recurring theme with you on these forums and especially in this thread.

A generality; some people move on with their life unaffected. (See: Arma. Saw your post just as I was finishing this up.)

I'm not trying to attacking you personally, but you clearly do not hide it that much if you're posting about it on public forums on the internet.

And Ripper, they keep posting sarcastic/rude replies. I'm not trolling; I'm simply standing up to this *chocolate cookies*, 'cause quite honestly, it pisses me off to see this from two Devs , and it shouldn't be this way in the first place. Shhh.

Quite honestly, Fire and Gheist can post mean/hurtful/sarcastic comments and get away with it, but we can't? My, oh, my.

I'm sorry you feel as if Gheist is being rude or saying "hurtful" things to you, but that's not what I've been seeing at all. Often his only goal is to make people think, as was his intention with his first post in this thread. You also have to keep in mind that English is not his first language and, while he's very good at it (better than 82% of Americans), there are probably times where things come off more abrasive than intended.

Gheist, I did.

Stop underestimating me. I think I should let you know that I read your post 5 times and it didn't make any *dancing* sense to me. All jumbled up with no perceivable direction at all.

Perhaps that is not a problem with his post, because I understood it.

I would, but they're probably classified (Confidential patient files). I'm not even allowed to be in the same room as my Mom when she's doing her patient notes. I'm sure, though, she could take a second look at them and give me a percentage, but that won't be for a while; she's very swamped 'cause some people in her department are having HER do the discharges, when the Discharge-people-guys are sitting back getting paid for doing nothing. =P But yes, I'll try my best to get them!

Statistics from patient files from wherever she's an RN do no represent the entire country, so any percent she can derive from those files is inconsequential. Additionally, I'm confident that she would not go through all of those files to produce a percentage so that you can try and win an argument on the internet. I would also be willing to bet a substantial amount of money that it's NOWHERE near 82%.

My mother's experience and access to files.

Don't go there again or I swear I will make you regret it. Just a warning. Now, please, get back on topic. ;)

Do not threaten people on this forum because you're extremely defensive for whatever reason (a lot). The point he presented was a legitimate one.

Something that you (and everyone else) should take away from this thread is that jumping to a conclusion when you know nothing of any of the numerous variables that would significantly affect the given situation is absolutely dumb. While what he has done seems noble at a cursory glance, you should not blindly applaud him. You can speculate using personal experience as a basis, but the fact of the matter is that you are not a part of this situation and should discuss it accordingly. Before you tell me that "it's a private matter", that is wrong—you don't invite people in to your problems on the internet in a public place and call it private. The names of people and places can be changed so that there's no issue with telling us the full story. It would've been nice had he done that, but clearly he did not, so again—discuss it accordingly.

Don't get me wrong though, I think that you doing something is a good thing, but I don't know enough about the situation to give an informed opinion and I believe that people with uninformed opinions should refrain from giving them. Just my thoughts on the matter though and while I have no desire to get wrapped up in this thread since it seems like all the people who incite drama seem to gravitate towards it, and I want no part in that, it's getting a tad absurd.

Fire, if it's so absurd to you, give me counter-evidence, because until then, your argument has no back-up besides your ego, which suffocates us all.

I always post counter-arguments and evidence. And, from my knowledge, I never attack you personally like you have done to me right now, though I do admit I go out of my way to refute your posts. I'll send you a PM and we can chat in there. I just want to point out some things to you (in a nice way). This has gotten a bit out-of-hand (for which I'm partly responsible) I realize not everyone wants to see these kinds of things from anyone. I apologize.

BugGirl

Wommin of Legions
Did I do the right thing?
A: Yes
B: No
C: Not enough information

Can I just pick C until Original Poster Man gives us an update? I mean, he kinda already did the thing, it's not like he's asking "Should I get this girl help, and how?" or anything. Whether or not it ultimately works out well in the end seems kinda up in the air right now, no matter how people argue it.
*Over-thinking death spiral into madness. You missed it though.*
...I DUNNO it just seems like it's kinda too late to ask, isn't it? We'll find out eventually whether you did the right thing or not, and we know you tried to do the right thing, but it feels like you're asking us what'll happen next. If that's your question, pft, *EPIC SHRUG*, and tell me when you find out. I hear people regret not taking action more than they regret taking action, if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.