Clean Slate.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
Things are looking up. Look at all these teams that are around,but are not playing each other! When we get things ironed out, this should be a hell of a lot of fun!

Im wanting to get out 2-3 more good maps from the legacy project before we begin this, so lets test what I got so I can focus on whats needed:

Mirage
Core
Forgotten
OTtN(possibly)

any other maps worth trying to salvage?

57thEnryu

Things are looking up. Look at all these teams that are around,but are not playing each other! When we get things ironed out, this should be a hell of a lot of fun!

Im wanting to get out 2-3 more good maps from the legacy project before we begin this, so lets test what I got so I can focus on whats needed:

Mirage
Core
Forgotten
OTtN(possibly)

any other maps worth trying to salvage?
does not compute

Xzanth

Legions Developer
Mirage
Core
Forgotten
OTtN(possibly)
I honestly, and I know nearly everyone in in7 agrees with me, do not see the problem that some people seem to have with core. In europe at least, it was frequently played for comp along with zenith and frost. I think removing the lava in the middle was a step forward but I'd be tentative about any other changes, perhaps you could say what you think the problems actually are for core, I can only properly answer as a capper so maybe it's just because I haven't played d competitively on core.

edit: bah, app got there first

Application-1

test bester
So the shitty bowls, horrid middle ground and areas that need smoothed are ok? I seem to recall recently someone posting about that hmmmmmmm...
Only thing I can agree with is smoothing stuff out. While it really is not needed because it makes the map more challenging and there are more then enough routes from all sides that get you in and out at 100% hp while haing a average 200 speed.

Maybe confused with this person?
Core needs some smoothing perhaps in the outlaying terrain and that's about it. Maybe the middle could get reworked because it's ugly and a pain to travel through. Bowls underneath flag stand could do with smoothing too so they're actually useable of beta.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Only thing I can agree with is smoothing stuff out. While it really is not needed because it makes the map more challenging and there are more then enough routes from all sides that get you in and out at 100% hp while haing a average 200 speed.

This is the argument of not smoothing out the terrain; while I do agree it's most certainly a valid one, I think there are silly points along some of the aforementioned routes where you can take fall damage for no obvious reason.

Removal of lava was good and I am no way suggesting that it should be placed back in, but face it the middle is pretty bland, boring and bad.

Fixious

Test Lead
Having played Core semi-recently in PUGs, it isn't a bad map. Smoothing it out a bit is the only suggestion I can give. I never really had an issue with the middle area, then again I rarely visit it.

Application-1

test bester
As it looks like these are our players that are into doing this (does not mean they can play every hour of the day).
Application-1
Battelstar (more of a sub)
Dimitryy
inna.
pullute
Riptack
Xzanth
Unleashed (weekends)

That is 6 people for sure for us, no definitive answers from the rest. So wil update that list a bit.
I really don't mind adding a few non in7 people to this team as long as I and the rest /like/ you.

For those teams out there that say yeah we are up for it. It would be nice if you posted the people that you know that are interested in doing this. Just so we can see what we can work with. For the people without a team and that are interested in this, you should also make it known so that people can say sure you can play with us or make a team out of the people that are not in a team.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
it didnt die out. I asked if people wanted to play comp, thus get teams and play, you guys have teams, now go play, scrim all that stuff.

I wont do anything till we get more maps that are fun, so the sooner and better people test my maps im changing/creating, the more we have, and the better the maps are