Clean Slate.

ContingencyPl4n

Elite Pro Mapmaker
HELLOOOOOOOOO!?!?! IS THIS AREA ACTIVE!?

Ahem, anywho.

Quick thing here: I was thinking earlier today about legions, something I havent done in awhile (Yay! PS2, Dwarf Fortress, and A Game of Dwarves!...) I saw some stuff slowly getting posted here and was like "damn, I miss playing comp..." so, well, here it goes:

Who out there wants to play it? Really? I sure as hell do. Obviously this game isnt active enough to do this, or is it? What teams are still around that are active? I would love to start up a team myself, do practices a few times a week, and play other teams. I miss it, I want it. Who here feels the same? could we get ANY semi-active teams here? There are a few stipulations(right word/spelling?) we dont need team LAWLSTOMP. If people that are friends could separate just for the sake of playing some serious comp, could you? Get a team of 8-9 (hell 7) semi active guys to play, and scrim/play your friends, would you? theres gotta be enough newer people to teach to play and have fun comping it up. It sucks to teach new players, but we all were the same. We dont need some fancy website, ELL, or BFCL, just a thread to keep track (more below) of matches. so...

Who wants to get some teams going and get some comp up in this biotch!?

now dont say "theres not enough" lets at least see who wants to and TRY to get people. If you want to, but dont think theres enough, just say you want to and thats it. (in other words, be proactive about it)

last 2 things: Ive updated the list of clans thread by deleting it all, if you have a clan, post it there, lets see how many we can get! and 2, my suggestion for comp:
----------
Rules: (subject to change
-1 Sniper max (PTs are looking into fixing (not nerfing) the sniper
-1 Heavy max (Multiple heavies are OP, PTs are looking into this as well)
-2 Maps played minimum (scoring can go total, or simply map win) tiebreaker maps are chosen at random (see below)
-No duplicate maps (not playing frost back to back)
-Map selection proccess:
*Most used maps are given a number, some kind of random number generator is used to select the map. Others can be picked by teams outright (aka the not-so-much played maps)
  • FrostByte(1)-Elegiac(2)-Zenith(3)-Nivosus(4)-Reactor(5)-Core(6)
  • All other maps on Live are allowed to be picked by any team.
  • Reactor and Core (as well as other maps) can be outted/added to the list
This allows people that dont like the 'bad maps' to not play them, but force some variety so that its not FrostFrostFrostFrostFrostZenFrostFrostFrostEleFrostEleFrostFrost. (personally I would play any map thrown at me, even Blade Run, but most of us arent gonna do that, so its pretty safe to assume that the random maps are ok)​
Lastly, if we use a thread to keep things recorded, we will need to get a demo or the game, or a screenshot of the outcome of both matches.​
Thats all I wanted to say, who here WANTs to do comp?​

Fixious

Test Lead
I might be interested. Never played Legions or Tribes comp before (well, once in T:A). Depends on who wants me.

Xzanth

Legions Developer
Would like to play, will have to wait and see if the other guys are interested before saying we're down for it.