Building a computer, need some help

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...m_sp=Cat_Motherboard-_-YTVideo-_-YT13-131-757
Has 2 x USB 3.0 internal headers for 104.00 don't know the quality of it though :(

Looks ok, but alittle expensive for your budget but you could factor it in.

To be honest, USB 3 is still a gimmick and isn't worth having for several reasons. eSATA will always be faster if you want external hard drive storage, so that leaves you with just faster flash usb storage - but then you need to pay more to get a capable usb3 flash drive - and then at the end of the day, you don't really need those speeds for anything apart from moving big files which then you need more space and more $$$.

In my opinion it's always best to buy a good motherboard that supports even more (or better) hardware than you can afford at that moment. For example I once bought a pc back when pci-e was totally new. Ofcourse i bought a motherboard with an agp port, just because it was less expensive, but two years later, when I wanted to buy a new gpu, I realised that all new high-end gpu's were made for pci-e ports, so I had to buy a low end gpu (which crashed about 2 months later btw).

Just to show you that there's not really a problem with buying a high end motherboard for low end or mid range hardware. Just so you are pretty sure you can upgrade your system without having to buy a new motherboard.

DKnight556

Oh great and almighty Seymour. I was planning on your combo that you suggested but it just went out of stock.

Looks ok, but alittle expensive for your budget but you could factor it in.

To be honest, USB 3 is still a gimmick and isn't worth having for several reasons. eSATA will always be faster if you want external hard drive storage, so that leaves you with just faster flash usb storage - but then you need to pay more to get a capable usb3 flash drive - and then at the end of the day, you don't really need those speeds for anything apart from moving big files which then you need more space and more $$$.
yes that is true, I will probably go with a cheaper board and convert the usb 3.o front ports on my case to a usb 2.0 so they aren't just dead

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Lol, yeah. I'd still rather go for an i7 though until we see the potential of this new processor.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I dunno, Bulldozer does seem to have a pretty nice price/performance ratio when compared to Intel's i7's. Go for it bro!

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
I totally have a subzero helium nozzle in my room.

Surprisingly the X6 has a faster clock speed than the x8 by .2 ghz

But you get two more cores, which helps when multitasking. If the program isn't multicore compatible, you can shut down certain cores to increase clock frequency on the rest of them anyway.

Wait for the new i7 processors.

Do you want to know what the current price of the i7's are? A lot more than AMD's new bulldozer cpu, and you get way better price to performance ratio. When Intel releases the new Ivy bridge processors, they will be much better as intel are still creating the best processors in the world. They can just charge what they like because AMD doesn't really match up to them because they are so far behind in processor technology.