Boost Core [Video]

Armageddon

Teapot
Well got bored enough to put something new into my mod.

This is my boost core.

Reason for it:
I hate nade boosts.
Made the boost nade into an EMP nade.

Specs:
Can't boost with flag
Core reset timer is 6 seconds
Boosts in current direction
The boost works by adding speed to your current velocity
Adds an impulse of 42.5 mph per boost
Speed Caps at 300mph currently while boost core is equip.

Future plans:
Add damage per boost
Add boost misfire (Maybe), would add double boost damage at random. 1/100
Custom core model, particles and animations
Possibly change boost direction to los (Line of sight) not sure if i want this or not but will test.

Sin

Private Tester
Adds an impulse of 42.5 mph per boost
Speed Caps at 300mph currently while boost core is equip.

facepalm.jpg

Armageddon

Teapot
Whats to facepalm over?

It adds 42.5 mph to your current speed up to 300mph at or over 300mph the core sends you a warning saying it cannot fire.
I added the cap as a safety after testing it last night and reaching 400+, it can and probably will be adjusted with more testing.

WildFire

Warrior of Linux
Even without nade jumps you can just rocket jump, so I have no idea how this would be used but good to know you put your mind to something.

Edit:
Also why was there a need for boost nades, chasing was never hard or near impossible, now we see 6-7 chasers per FULL server.
+1
The first time I did not read the whole post, so I'm sorry for my own arrogance Arma.
I fully support you with this project or w.e, because once I, myself tried to convince the community there was no need for boost nades. Also I suggest making it work off of energy, somewhat like the thrust-pack from Ascend.

Fixious

Test Lead
I'd have to mess with it before giving an opinion. Not entirely sure I like the damage loss, but I imagine it'd be quite minor.

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
One of the key things I stuck in our version was a soft speed cap. The faster you're going upon use, the less it adds and longer it takes to charge (charge from a standstill is basically instant).

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
not really. TA version has no charge, ours does and it is visible from long range. Theirs uses energy, we use health.