Big Fat Weapon Update on Public Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disci

Old man
I just see gren as a chasing/clearing weapon rather than close range MA/ground pounding weapons as it was before. This is what I get out of this change that has been made to it. Also it really should have different kind of nature than rocket when it does deal a lot more damage and has a bigger splash.

Lin

I just see gren as a chasing/clearing weapon rather than close range MA/ground pounding weapons as it was before. This is what I get out of this change that has been made to it. Also it really should have different kind of nature than rocket when it does deal a lot more damage and has a bigger splash.
I'm in agreement here. I think the grenade should definitely become a longer ranged weapon. I just don't think the faster dropping and shorter max range help that at all. The way I see it, GL got nerfed, and thats all.

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
Mihidhar opinions and discussions are good, but try not to put words in my mouth that are unjustifiable. If I felt it was perfect it would be live not on public test and only 2 days past. I've said many times things are in experiment stages, but I don't expect to keep everyone happy either as everyone has different opinions.

Mahidhar

Mihidhar opinions and discussions are good, but try not to put words in my mouth that are unjustifiable. If I felt it was perfect it would be live not on public test and only 2 days past. I've said many times things are in experiment stages, but I don't expect to keep everyone happy either as everyone has different opinions.

I didn't mean offense, I should've placed my words properly. What I meant was that, being so few of us, as we are, I expect you guys to lean towards the people with "I'd rather use the weapon for just chasing" opinions. Unfortunately, this is not a whole class, but just a weapon being nerfed, so our words might not take prominence.

DeadGuy

Legions Developer
I didn't mean offense, I should've placed my words properly. What I meant was that, being so few of us, as we are, I expect you guys to lean towards the people with "I'd rather use the weapon for just chasing" opinions. Unfortunately, this is not a whole class, but just a weapon being nerfed, so our words might not take prominence.
I understand your position which is why this testing phase is happening. I'm not interested in making everything revolve around chasing, nor does the aspect of a weapon change to become more chasing friendly mean that it is guaranteed to be implemented. The impact on the whole of the game is where I'm vested. Also, I'm trying to remain as unbiased as possible here, the people you have to convince are not the dev team but your fellow legionaries. The sad fact is that not nearly enough people comment on the forums as they should and I have to piece together feedback from several sources. Plus it's only been 2.5 days since it was released so let's give it a little bit longer and give things a real chance to be fleshed out.

Karnage

Private Tester
Speaking as a high pinger myself (and there are quite a few of us out there) I prefer a grenade I can use in close combat. Grenades are all about timing, which is what we high pingers are good at. We have to lead far ahead and a grenade lends itself to that. I also did some experimenting and I find that it doesn't make sense to have a rocket do more damage (with a direct hit) than a grenade does.

I have played with the heavy a little more now and I must say that I really hope this is not the way the heavy is going. The mortar, although impressive, is really far less effective than the GL2 it had before. I would rather have the clusters than have the mortar. This is because the mortar takes so long to detonate. If it were timed or if it detonated on impact with a surface I might even prefer it to the cluster but as it stands the heavy is now drastically weakened.

SeymourGore

Flatulent Cherub
Seymour loves his mortar, but I can understand Carnage's point of view on it. Being able to detonate the clusters would allow more 'forgiveness' for high pingers, whereas the mortar does require careful timing and aiming to be effective. Personally, I'd love to see these weapons side by side for Sent, though I'd be a little concerned that a mortar + cluster equipped Sent would be too much rape.

Mhi200

Speaking as a high pinger myself (and there are quite a few of us out there) I prefer a grenade I can use in close combat. Grenades are all about timing, which is what we high pingers are good at. We have to lead far ahead and a grenade lends itself to that. I also did some experimenting and I find that it doesn't make sense to have a rocket do more damage (with a direct hit) than a grenade does.

I have played with the heavy a little more now and I must say that I really hope this is not the way the heavy is going. The mortar, although impressive, is really far less effective than the GL2 it had before. I would rather have the clusters than have the mortar. This is because the mortar takes so long to detonate. If it were timed or if it detonated on impact with a surface I might even prefer it to the cluster but as it stands the heavy is now drastically weakened.
This.

Karnage

Private Tester
Seymour loves his mortar, but I can understand Carnage's point of view on it. Being able to detonate the clusters would allow more 'forgiveness' for high pingers, whereas the mortar does require careful timing and aiming to be effective. Personally, I'd love to see these weapons side by side for Sent, though I'd be a little concerned that a mortar + cluster equipped Sent would be too much rape.
Hehe, it would be awesome! I mean it is the heavy after all. What it lacks in speed and agility it makes up for in armor and weapons. I mean without the mortar or cluster the heavy is just a raider with a weight problem. With both of them he is a force to be reckoned with and he truly lives up to his name.

Calimo

Quick suggestion!

I may be the only person with this problem... but is there anyway the boost grenade color can be changed?

..Whenever I first see it.. my first reaction is that its a mortar... followed by a few seconds of confusion because I'm fighting an outrider... followed by feeling silly..

Status
Not open for further replies.