Ballistic sniper rifle / Combat rifle

Daphinicus

Private Tester
Since we're not on the pickup server, can you expand on the reasoning behind why it's considered "op?"

Mabe just shot up the speed of the RL for a few minutes for giggles. It created a near-hitscan projectile weapon with all the power of the RL. Even if the splash were removed, MAs were still unbelievably simple.

Anything that moves that fast needs to either have a hugely long reload time (e.g., the sniper), or be weak enough to require a number of hits to register.

moronval

Private Tester
I thought I had more footage but apparently I forgot to hit record or something, there was a good 5~10 minutes of pregame dicking around with this. Still, you get the idea. Everyone was shooting everyone else out of the sky and it was stupidly imbalanced to the point that I vomited all over you. Bad weapon idea.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
As is, it might not be a great weapon idea, but pieces of it have promise. We've been doing all sorts of weapons testing, and a finesse weapon that abandons splash for easier (if less effective) MAs has been under scrutiny for some time. Might scratch this particular itch.

Mabeline

God-Tier
As is, it might not be a great weapon idea, but pieces of it have promise. We've been doing all sorts of weapons testing, and a finesse weapon that abandons splash for easier (if less effective) MAs has been under scrutiny for some time. Might scratch this particular itch.
LEEKS!

Frost

It would seem I need to follow every post Daphy makes closely now
wink.png