Download Badlands

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
Okay, there are two executables (.exe files) that you need to be concerned with here. Legions.exe and the launcher. Once you mod a server, do not open that version of the game through the launcher. It will overwrite any mods you have. You must from then on play the game by using Legions.exe in that folder. For instance, on my desktop, I have multiple folders/files including...

• Legions Launcher (shortcut)
  • Legions
    • Lauth.exe
    • public test
      • Legions.exe
      • client
      • server
      • legions
      • shaders
    • live
  • Legions Mods
    • Source
      • Legions Aero
        • Legions.exe
        • client
        • server
        • legions
        • shaders
      • Total Meltdown
        • Legions.exe
        • client
        • server
        • legions
        • shaders
      • Cores
        • Legions.exe
        • client
        • server
        • legions
        • shaders
    • Upload
    • Debug
Does it make sense now? My mods (such as Aero, TM, and Cores) are in a separate folder from where I store vanilla Legions. To play the mod, I must go to that directory and double click on Legions.exe. Does that make more sense?

57thEnryu

its really not that hard, just download the map files (there should be 3, [map_name].mis, [map_name].ter, and [map_name]_sg.ml), then copy paste them into the public-test/legions/data/missions folder, that's really all...

just make sure your files are updated, b/c if its not the latest version, it will give you the same error message.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Okay, what you need next are a few games and tests with players (just like we did with Odysseus). Its not enough to make maps alone, you need a core of people that hang around 1-2 hours and cap/chase. Take the example of Odysseus, if it wasn't for a large area of players that joined up and played it wouldn't have been such a nice map after all(and its still not completely smooth- imagine that! :D). This way you will not only see your map in action, but you will understand what the "large public" wants from you.

And also, lets not ruin this feedback and comment thread with the issue of light6767, and with this said im politely asking admin to delete some posts that really don't have their place.

Delpicy

It felt like a large, elegant map, where you could average a speed of 200. Its unique in the sense that it still feels like your going normal speed due to the size of the map, yet you really gotta watch out for cratering. I like it

57thEnryu

Screenshot_24.png

Download latest version here

stefygraff

Private Tester
Well to be honest enryu, the map needs a little rethink when it comes to hills, i did have a few runs on the map, its fast alright but it feels too flat, must say nobody will mind if.you spread some more hills and. Fact that its a big map makes it hard to test as 1 person. Try to set up some pugs on it and see how it behaves

57thEnryu

The original version will work just fine with the tribes mod I plan to make for legions..
Skiing will not be the main mode of movement, jet packs with better air movement will.
I will test your new version today, thanks for updating it..
Cool, but I have to ask. Why is it that every post you make, every sentence has its own line?

57thEnryu

Is this better?

The original version will work just fine with the tribes mod I plan to make for legions, Skiing will not be the main mode of movement, jet packs with better air movement will, I will test your new version today, thanks for updating it..
lol, its cool, was just wondering.

Jello

Contributor
This is a awesome map, big but awesome will be running it on my server also and I apologize if this is rude but here is another download seeing as how the other download/version is not compatible with 1.40

Download