Download Badlands

57thEnryu

Ladies and Gents, I give you all: Badlands*
Screenshot_18.png

*in beta phase, suggestions still asked for, I already plan on adding some more hills on the side so dont tell me that, and dont tell me about it being too easy for snipers either, I know, dont plan on changing that.

download and copy-paste the 3 files into public-test/legsion/data/missions!!!

I

IzRaPiDz

I actually really like this map. I'v tested it in my server. t's nice and clean, not too hilly, and i have nothing bad to say about it :)

Sean455

Hey if anyone of your interested..Why not make a map with a frikin huge ditch in the middle the only way across is to travel over 100mph :p..It's going to act as a awesome CTF map..You could add a few hills,trees,rocks.Just a suggestion..Hehe.

Sean455

Lol new buildings? Why not make a arena like a small Roman empire kinda thing 1 ring only kick butt action to take place :D

Volt Cruelerz

Legions Developer
While I love the idea of the map style, you should probably do something to cater to the chasers. Boost nades only get you so far, and on a large map like that it seems like cappers will spend minutes building speed to 250+ which makes it difficult for chasers to catch up.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Tested the map just now! I like the object work nice add with the bridge and garage in the middle(but thinking that its a large bridge and a very big map, im thinking of putting it a little higher).

Spawnpoints are good. Ammo box recharge are good. Flag grab, cap are good!

As you said, the hills need work, but im guessing thats what you're doing right now so ill leave it for the next update!

Edit: Thinking that its a big map, take a lot of care for high speed caproutes so that the chase and cap are balanced. Dont make it to easy/hard to cap or chase.

TurboO

I love the map, easy to hit high speeds. I just don't like the little hook things on the outside of the bridge that the flag is on, you hit them a lot trying to get the flag I think.

57thEnryu

Yah, on the one hand I ppl are saying more hills, and on the other I already like the layout of the map (even though there aren't a lot of hills Ive gotten caps from as slow as 150 and as fast as 200). With that said, its already a defensively op map b/c of the hooks and height of the flag-stand, so those fast routes will come in handy (much like zeinith) In addition, OD grabs are very possible, but there aren't alot of exit routes after that, so chasers will have an easy time there.

So right now I think my plans are to add some more hiss on the outside of the map and maybe make the bowls in the center deeper. I'm probably also going to make the drop down on alpha side a bit deeper for the chase aspect. With that said, I think the map is almost complete (some fine tuning of bases n whatnot, but I think its really a nearly complete map)

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
I just don't like the little hook things on the outside of the bridge that the flag is on, you hit them a lot trying to get the flag I think.
In a way, I think that it makes up in some awkward sort of way for the easy access to the flag from almost every direction at high speeds, the hook things could act as an artificial defense for the team.

TurboO

In a way, I think that it makes up in some awkward sort of way for the easy access to the flag from almost every direction at high speeds, the hook things could act as an artificial defense for the team.
That is very true, I didn't think about it like that.

stefygraff

Private Tester
Feels like a flatter Sleepwalker, the flat terrain dose not bother me as much as the size itself because i get the feeling that Im kind of static. I respect your work very much!

Jordahan

World Leader of The 21st Century
I am about to drop some funky knowledge.
Ready for it?

Big maps don't get played! If you're making a map, make that badboy a small map. We have too many big maps that sit there and don't get played. Look at the amount Frostbyte (small map) and Zenith (medium map) get played. Granted those two maps are the best maps, they aren't large. Look at Blade Run and Forgotten (both fun to ski on but the PUG becomes a PUB.) Those two never get played because they are gigantor. I fear for you people who have begun playing around with the editor that your maps will join the graveyard with Quarry, Blade Run, Forgotten, Gorge, and Mirage.

tl;dr
Make good small maps, not more big maps.

P.S. Enryu, I like your bases but those hooks around it make it crazy hard to cap and not use OD or warp.