Ammo Pick Up From Kills.

Defender

This has been talked about before in the old legions forums.
Please make it so when players are killed, they drop what ever ammo they have left so it can be picked up in the area they died in. But have it dissaper about 10 seconds later.
This one change would greatly reduce the need for an ammo station every few mins, and make the battles last longer, especially on large maps.;)

Thanks

Daphinicus

Private Tester
I would like to see that, but I also think that it would be better not to because it makes the players have another obstacle, as in worrying about your ammo, dueling, flag play, ect.
It would just make players more considerate of there ammo and on how they use it.

I'd like to see more discussion on the topic, but I will say that depth ain't necessarily a bad thing. Having more stuff to worry about is part of the complexities of advanced gaming.

Shade

Private Tester
I would like to see that, but I also think that it would be better not to because it makes the players have another obstacle, as in worrying about your ammo, dueling, flag play, ect.
It would just make players more considerate of there ammo and on how they use it.
He didn't mention a reduction in ammo or removal of ammo stations - you wouldn't be worrying anymore than you are now. If anything, it gives people more places to get ammo. Obstacles and thinking more isn't necessarily bad, anyway.

Defender

If we are going to keep health regeneration, why not add ammo regeneration in too?:)
Also adding the ammo drop on kills, like tribes has. Gives those players who take the time to try and go find the ammo first, an advantage and reward for it.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
Health packs and kit drops are going to be tested. Health packs would replace health regeneration. Legions will probably require some arcade-y solutions (like all drops have a health kit in them) to keep it smooth, but that will be determined in testing.
Same goes for ammo drops. Click the arrow in the quote to read the original thread.

Discussions about this will only make sense once testing has started.

mausgang

Puzzlemaster
Ammo pickups, while being helpful in some game modes in TF2, CTF isn't necessarily about ammo burning, and any position that does require a lot of ammo to be used is right next to an ammo station, and it doesn't even take that long to replenish. The only place where picking up ammo in CTF in legions would be as a chaser, but if you were a chaser and you ran out of ammo, then you aren't doing a great job as a chaser. In DM or TDM, which aren't up yet, but once they are this issue is going to come up again, dueling shouldn't require all of the ammo, and once the duel is over, either the survivor is in reasonable proximity to an ammo station at any given time (smaller maps) or is on a large enough map that it is simple enough to get back to an ammo station without getting into another duel.

Homingun

Maybe we should make it an ammo/health pick up combined and do away with health regen completely. I'll leave the numbers up to you guys.

Defender

If the ammo stations where lacated on the lower levels in the bases or structures too, I would not care.. I use defender armor, its hard to jet up some times..
I think it would be nice to atleast have ammo pickup from kills in a DM game type, if we ever have it.

Siantlark

If the ammo stations where lacated on the lower levels in the bases or structures too, I would not care.. I use defender armor, its hard to jet up some times..
I think it would be nice to atleast have ammo pickup from kills in a DM game type, if we ever have it.

It's Sentinel Btw. I like the ammo pickups in general it certainly would help increase fight length and get rid of most unnesscary deaths. (Running out of rockets.)

Mhi200

The cluster loadout is called Defender...
An idea I thought of: The maximum amount of ammo that is dropped is how much the killed player used. EG: If I shoot 3 rockets and 50 bullets, only that amount would drop. If I shot 300 bullets, only 50 would drop, because that is all that is remaining.
This means veterans won't be able to kill new players for a quick, full reload, while also promotes a quickish fight, before all the opponents ammo if used.