Aight, so I'm Binswees

Binswees

Been playing legions for 5 days now, and I already feel I'm better than the majority of the pub players..., I've played t1 semi competitively and tribes vengeance for 6 years... so I know all about team work and all that jizz. I got pretty good aim, atleast rocket aim, could work on my cg tho, havn't cared much for gl yet. The only thing I need to learn is capping, more specifically OD routes...

Some of u have whined on me for rabbiting around the map, well... I do that when I realize I'm alone on my team and has no one to pass to or relay on in my base.

So yeah... I would like to join a team and have someone to teach me some routes and other few things. I've got headset if needed. Or is this game just as dead as any other tribes game? Even worth getting into? Im EU.

A2

Why hello Binswees! I've seen you play a lot, and yeah you are a good player. You just need to get a hold of some good cap routes, and you'll be on your way to being an well known guy!
Welcome to the forums, and hope to see you in-game again!

Binswees

So in other words, this game is just as dead as the other tribes games, no competitive play, thank you Xtreme! No point getting into this game either then.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
And that's just European clans.

Considering it's still under development and is more of a shell of a game with some juicy innards than a four-course meal, I'd say the number of players interested in competitive play is fairly impressive.

Guesstori

I agree with Daph, in the current state of the game there are suprisingly many clans around who are up to the competitive play, even though it's rather pointless for the time being. However learning the basic caproutes or OD routes are essential and cannot hurt to know some even in pubs. If we meet in-game you are more than welcomed to my "extra super step-by-step caproute training" ;)

Application-1

test bester
The game is certainly not dead xtreme just got you a bit confused there you should hit IRC and join #legions on quakenet there are enough people there that tell you this game is not dead. Also we have PUG's every week these days so no not dead.

Daphinicus

Private Tester
The game is certainly not dead xtreme just got you a bit confused there you should hit IRC and join #legions on quakenet there are enough people there that tell you this game is not dead. Also we have PUG's every week these days so no not dead.

US folks have PUGs every night, or close enough. Plenty of action available, for folks who want in.

Gheist

King of all Goblins
I can just repeat one very important point: Get your hairy behind into #legions on Quakenet. Even the folks that are not interested in beta competition anymore (like .fi or [null]) are still around daily. And almost everyone in there will be able to show you plenty of routes, just ask. You won't need a team for that. ;)

No point getting into this game either then.
Urge to troll rising.
You know, some people play games for reasons other than to compete against one another and try to get the most frags. (insert whysoserious.jpg)
There is no valid excuse for rabbiting. Don't be a complete douche just because your team isn't oh-so-wonderful. Talk to them. Tell them to help defend. I know it's hard getting people to listen to one another in pubs but some people out there know the meaning of teamwork.
And to answer your question, the game is far from dead. Sure, it doesn't have many players compared to most online fps games, but it's alive and well, and there are more players every day, as well as a dedicated community and development team that are working for free to provide Legions to us after IA went down.
Also, TS3 server.

Binswees

Alright, thanks for your answers. Yeah you got me a bit confused there Xtreme, because I feel the same in t:v, clan wars are just silly there since there are so few players left, they only end up in drama anyways. Thanks for the vids btw, great stuff! <3

Daph, even tho it's only in BETA the game has kinda existed for 2 years now. But yeah, good point anyways, it's good to hear a lot of competitive stuff going on at this stage.

Haha, that would be sweeet Guesstori!

Solar, yes I'm very well aware of some ppl play for that reason... but I don't like to just fugg around in pubs all day long, I'm a player who really likes competitive play. Why would that make me a troll? I was just being honest when I said that there is no point for me getting good in this game if there are no clan wars. About the rabbiting, meh, some of you bigger boys did get to practise some chasing. ;)

w00tyou, I'm EU.

Chi-Ro

Private Tester
Meh as far as the number of players goes you could say it's as "dead" as the other tribes games. But it is still beta like others have said and that means it still has potential to grow. It doesn't mean it will, but there's potential. Also there is more competition going here than any of the other tribes games. Currently all the league/ladders are down but there are plenty of scrims going around (which is the same thing really).

Disci

Old man
Hi, Bins! Good to have you around and I saw you already rocketing people more accurate than most while chasing.

One of the fastest learner I've ever seen. Guy came to play T1 with us and took few weeks and he was scoring more average capper kills than I did. Very good player! Aim is extraordinary. :)

See you later today on IRC. I can show you some OD caps and we can talk about other things too!

Ucantry2run

Private Tester
Hey Bins, welcome to the community!

Yeah, Legions not really dead, its just kicking up. I'd guess we have at least 300 different users on our TS3. not on all at once, but, teehee

Competition hasn't come yet, but it will. And we have a lot of teams on standby for competition, which can be seen here.

There is active development and the game is getting closer and closer to where it should.

Feel free to join our TS3, as we have regular pickup games and other tomfoolery. You can go here.

Here is a thread that tell you what we actually do in pickup games. Its not too much different from tribes, so you should have some fun.

Kryst

Private Tester
Being involved in the community from the start is a good thing. PUGs and scrims happen on a regular basis over TS3 and the community is still growing.

The game has been out for 2 years+ but lots of things have happened to the game since then, and only recently has the development really started to begin.

Stick around and get started in PUGs because its always nice to have new and better people joining the community.