AFOQT

RainPilot

stinky bear
Honestly, I don't know much about the testing but I'd like to think the two really important scores would be Pilot and Nav. Anything else is probably there for them to see how intelligent you are.. I guess.

Also I joined Civil Air Patrol and basically all of the cadets are noobs at everything.. except for a few who've been there for a few years and are instructors. We did PT last night and I got 1st place in the mile run(5:14 in combat boots), situps, and pushups. It's all pretty cool because I have lots of opportunities to go to AF academies for flying, survival, and all kinds of cool stuff. All of the instructors and whatknot are like ex-gestapo and love to scream and give you annoying things to do. If I get to a certain point in here, I can join the AF with E-3 payroll, which is pretty good.

Redvan

Private Tester
Honestly, I don't know much about the testing but I'd like to think the two really important scores would be Pilot and Nav. Anything else is probably there for them to see how intelligent you are.. I guess.

Also I joined Civil Air Patrol and basically all of the cadets are noobs at everything.. except for a few who've been there for a few years and are instructors. We did PT last night and I got 1st place in the mile run(5:14 in combat boots), situps, and pushups. It's all pretty cool because I have lots of opportunities to go to AF academies for flying, survival, and all kinds of cool stuff. All of the instructors and whatknot are like ex-gestapo and love to scream and give you annoying things to do. If I get to a certain point in here, I can join the AF with E-3 payroll, which is pretty good.

awesome! I'm considering joining CAP as well, when I get settled in a job somewhere. It is a great opportunity to learn about the AF and will open some doors for you in the future.

As for the screaming and annoying little tasks: It's not like that at all once you're actually in. I remember some people at Basic Training wanting to get out because they couldn't handle the 6 weeks of it. MAN TEH PANSY UP! Is what I wanted to say to them. It's all just a mind game. The little tasks may seem pointless, but, once you get in an actual job, it's the little tasks that can kill people. I know of a cotter-pin on an F-16 that caused many an accident because it was looked over. As a pilot, you really learn to respect the little things, because there are TONs of little things on aircraft :)

RainPilot

stinky bear
I'm guessing you'll be joining the seniors? Basic training will be a breeze for me because I'm already in pretty good shape, and by the time I turn 19, I'll know things like the AF shuffle and things you learn at basic training.

I really don't mind the scream, besides I don't get chewed out because I don't do anything wrong. The people that do get chewed out do stupid little things like smiling, not standing up straight, non-tapered haircut, messy uniform etc. Some of the people in there hate cap, but I really look forward to it all week because there's always something cool to do there because my commander is pretty cool. In a few weeks we'll be going camping in the deep woods and supposedly learn some survival training and how to find people ( my commander is going to get lost and we have to find him). We'll be building a hovercraft sometime soon also. It's a good confidence boost because most of the cadets are bad and I'm pretty good with my second week in.

Redvan

Private Tester
I'm guessing you'll be joining the seniors?

Yeah, that's what I'm looking into right now. Joining CAP as a pilot. I have a friend at my local unit that's a pilot with them, also a member of the ANG where I'm at, who's been sayin I should join for a while. Just not sure if I'll have the time yet, or if I should just wait until after I get situated with a pilot slot in the ANG somewhere first.

Basic Training: If you're in shape, no problems. I found it very easy myself. If you memorize all the knowledge they ask you to (it's all pretty easy, especially if you start preparing for it now), then you'll make it even easier for yourself :) Learn how to march, and you've basically just beat BT.

See if you can work your way up the ranks of CAP, become a junior leader or something. I'm not sure how their rank structure works, but, they probably have some kind of junior leader positions. That'd look awesome on any resume.

RainPilot

stinky bear
It's really no hassle, in my city alone there are atleast 10 squadrons and around 30 within 50 miles. The only problem is actually meeting the people. All I had to contact the squadron was a phone number and his name, the phone number wasn't available anymore so I did some digging and found one of the older cadet's ( who are basically instructors) E-mail. I asked him a few question and they operate out of a base outside of the city, the base itself is huge and the door was open and I had no idea where I was going. There were marines there at the time and I felt like a retard just walking around until I asked someone where the civil air patrol thing was.

Most of the instructors are still Cadet's in CAP and have higher ranks like deputy commander and stuff, but I don't consider them cadets since a few of them are already in the Air Force. I think I'll breeze my way through the ranks pretty easily since I already can accomplish part of Spaatz award, which is the hardest physical test in the whole program. I just need to take a bunch of tests and write essays to actually get there.

Redvan

Private Tester
Took the TBAS today.

easy pie imo. Takes people about an hour to complete, took me... 40ish min.

You dont get an actual score for the TBAS. How well you do on the TBAS is combined with your GPA, how many flight hours you have, and what pilot certificates you have. All those calculated together somehow with some complex equation like 1+1 or something gives you the PCSM score (Pilot Candidate Selection Method). You include the PCSM score in application packets along with your AFOQT scores, and other applicable application packet items like: Transcript, Resume, beer, etc.... I think the AFOQT score may be calculated into the PCSM score as well... not sure.

Anyway, average PCSM score for people who HAVE BEEN SELECTED is 91. High is 99, low is 40.

Yeah, I done good.

:beer:

of course, it all means nothing if I dont get hired...