AFOQT

Piggeh

Puzzlemaster
Can you mod your Fighter Jet reticles to Legions rets so your aim is awesome?
Nah, jk, good luck on this, hope you own the test!

Daphinicus

Private Tester
My folks met in the AF, and my bro was an officer in the Navy. You got my respect, admiration, and very best wishes, bud. =)

Redvan

Private Tester
downjatting in an F-35B is difficult as you have to go inverted then initialize vertical thrust :( Legions players have it easy ;)

Took 3 hours on the test. Hardest part about it was the time limits. For example: 20 questions in 8 min. Oh well, you get done with the test faster with short time limits :)

Time to go study for my Commercial Pilot License ground school exam 1 I have in a couple hours \o/

Redvan

Private Tester
Wont find out my scores for 2-3 weeks.

It was done on paper. Old school.

as for my Commercial exam, that one was hard. It was all on one piece of paper though :) Well, whats that paper size that's twice as wide as a standard sheet... yeah, one of those, front and back. So really 4 pages once the instructor had us fold it in half. I think it included 2 multiple choice. So that was nice.

Redvan

Private Tester
Well, do you think you passed?
I think I did. Well, it's not really a pass fail type test, it's more of a gauge. The five sections that your score appears under are: Pilot, Navigator, Verbal, Academic Aptitude, and Quantitative (also see this link for descriptions). There are 12 sections to the test, from there, it determines what your score is in the 5 areas listed above.

From wantscheck.com:

Now, when applying for a pilot slot, your AFOQT score is only a portion of what the hiring board looks at. In fact, I think it's upwards of 70% based on the hiring boards opinion of you, rather than GPA, AFOQT score, TBAS score (which I still have to take). This is why it's important to visit a unit you are applying to before going in front of the board. They're more interested in hiring someone that will mesh with the group and be able to trust. Of course, you want to back that up with a good GPA, AFOQT, and TBAS score. But, as this table shows, the lowest pilot score they've seen someone get hired with is a 27. Average is 83. Generally, if applying for a pilot slot, they're primarily concerned with the Pilot and Navigation sections, but will look at all of them.

All that to say, if I get hired somewhere, then I'll consider my AFOQT a pass :)

EDIT:
Just found out awesome news. The ANG unit that I've been infatuated with for years (South Carolina ANG, flying F-16C/D Block 52s, Multirole and SEAD (Supression of Enemy Air Defenses) missions) is having a hiring board this May!!!!1111oneoneeleventyone. F-16 is my long time favorite jet, SC is my kind of weather... wow that would be awesome to get hired there!

Hope they have FIOS internet.

Redvan

Private Tester
Got my scores in from taking the AFOQT on the 10th! Wasn't as bad as I'd thought It'd be considering how long it's been since I've done math like that (6ish years)!

Pilot 92
Nav 67
Academic Aptitude 70
Verbal 72
Quantitative 60

Not sure why so bad on the Nav... eh. it was early.
wink.png

Now I just need to get my TBAS scheduled (been practicing for that a lot), and get my applications in!

(Note: You study for the TBAS by playing video games)

Pilot score is above average (thank god, as that's what I'm studying in college). Nav, like I said, no idea what happened there... And right around average with my other scores.

RainPilot

stinky bear
Nice dude! Sucks you got a 60 on quantitative but it means you're smarter then 60% of the people right? Good job anyway!

Redvan

Private Tester
yeah, I'm not to worried about the scores other than Pilot. Pilot Boards generally figure that if you have a good pilot score, the rest can be even below average for all they care.

Average scores for ANG applicants are:
Pilot 83
Nav 70
Academic Aptitude 66
Verbal 60
Quantitative 66

So, I'm above on the Pilot and Verbal, and everything else is right around average