A New Dedicated Server!

Armageddon

Teapot
Texas is central and those are the most frequently filled servers. So having more central servers makes tons of sense actually.
Yeah but being on the eastcoast my ping is *chocolate cookies* in TX, 75 ping is unacceptable.

I tried to get a buddy of mine who runs a server hosting company to throw up a nice East server but this is the reply he got from whoever is in charge now.

Feb 28th

I contacted them about Legions:

"We plan on hosting our own dedicated North American and European servers. Unfortunately we do not have the resources to host Australian or Asian dedicated servers. We’d like to see some sort of system for user dedicated servers to alleviate this issue, and it’s something we’re looking into, but don’t have any further information at this time.
We are investigating ways to allow users to host their own games, but out of security and community unity concerns, for the near future players can only join official dedicated servers.
If you are able to host a dedicated server in Asia/Pacific or Australian regions, please contact BugsPray."

This seems a bit dated for feb 28th, maybe it was automated but either way i tried.

Robbz

Yeah but being on the eastcoast my ping is *chocolate cookies* in TX, 75 ping is unacceptable.

Also having 75 ping is fine, I mean on my own server I get 87 ping. The majority seems to have better connection in Texas so I don't see changing mine just so I can get better ping than everyone else.

Robbz

Evident to what? Bad ping?
75 is bad when you normally ping 20-30 to NY/NJ.

Yes but the game is about the best ping for the majority, not just yourself. If you want to make a sever just to make your ping better by all mean do it. But as for me I will try to do my best for everyone.

No disrespect intended here at all

Armageddon

Teapot
Yes but the game is about the best ping for the majority, not just yourself. If you want to make a sever just to make your ping better by all mean do it. But as for me I will try to do my best for everyone.

No disrespect intended here at all
Like i said before the majority of players are east coast, we all ping higher then usual in TX. I'm not on a crusade for only my ping, i could easily host my own server and to hell with it. The issue isn't even about your server, you host a TX and i'm sure a lot of people appreciate that.

k e v i n

Private Tester
64 slots is a lot....don't know if this is a good idea or not, but i'll just throw it out there

is it more expensive the more slots you have? if so, maybe you should cut it down to 30 or something like that...that way your not spending so much money, because i doubt even 30 might get full

Armageddon

Teapot
Bigger is not always better, that definitely is true with legions.
12vs12 is all the bigger i would go, the old 16vs16 hotswap was a clusterduck when it filled up.

Vox

Robbz, i like this server, but you should definately designate some people to become server admins so the maps can be changed.
People who deserve server admin should
1. Be active
2. Don't abuse their power
3. Use their power when nescessary.
Ik this is obvious, but a reminder every once in a while is good.

Robbz

64 slots is a lot....don't know if this is a good idea or not, but i'll just throw it out there

is it more expensive the more slots you have? if so, maybe you should cut it down to 30 or something like that...that way your not spending so much money, because i doubt even 30 might get full

It does not cost anymore per slot or i would lower it.

Robbz, i like this server, but you should definately designate some people to become server admins so the maps can be changed.
People who deserve server admin should
1. Be active
2. Don't abuse their power
3. Use their power when nescessary.
Ik this is obvious, but a reminder every once in a while is good.

I will have admins but to be a admin you need to join my clan on top of the list you gave.
Please contact me if you would like more info on becoming an admin on my server.
Altho good list bro.

This server just crashed. Please restore it.

Just fixed the problem! TY

Armageddon

Teapot
I will have admins but to be a admin you need to join my clan on top of the list you gave.
You will see that once someone joins a clan in legions they hardly ever change from that team, with such a small player base and most people already belong to a team you may want to reconsider the "you need to join my clan" part.
Just some friendly advice.