A message to mortar 'users'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disci

Old man
That would make the mortar ridiculously OP and removes any skill factor there ever was. Spamming would still continue due the facts Riptack explained in his latest post.

Immanent

I wish they would add the hold down mouse button feature that was on the cluster. This allows for more accurate timing. That would also make the skill level go up in the mortar which would get rid of all the newbs using it.

What we really need to do is figure out why people did not "DERPDERP" with the cluster as much with the mortar ( cluster was old most powerful weapon in the game so why wasn't it abused to the extent of the mortar)

Adding a controllable detonator will make it superemely OP.

The old GL MK2 was very powerful, but it actually required skill, so that's why it isn't abused to the extent as the mortar (simple point and click and everything goes boom!). I used it in low ping and high ping to almost equal affect.

Noober

i've just say this in past... mortar is good but imho heavy with mortar set must not have the overdrive option (under 88ms). This just to prevent a bit of this *dancing*, annoying heavygrabs on offence! How much boring and long is a heavycap on maps like fallout, elegiac, zenith, gore, core?!? an heavygrab on this maps just shut the game down to a little duel of chaser and overdriving/diskjumping heavy, reducing a lot the speed of the game that is what make legions beautiful.

Heavygrab must be for skilled and awsome players that manage heavy very well and associate heavycap route and rocketjump... not for all the noob that can just overdrive the flag and shot mortar behind himself and overdrive again and again and after an agony of 2-3 minutes finally cap.

S

shaskie

You contradicted your own statements.

Legions can be changed cause its a game and not real life. If the mortar continues on its current path then I think legions PUBS as a whole will be doomed.

They've been doomed from the start.

Propkid

They've been doomed from the start.

EndIsNear1.jpg

Voltage

Puzzlemaster
What happened the last time I was in the same server as him, and quite regrettably on his same team. Damaging your teammate once, I can live with it. This makes me totally mad: Everytime I would go after the flag carrier, there he would be trudging along, and shooting the mortar, and lowering my health to around 10% (If I got lucky) or just killed.
How am I supposed to even try and return the flag with 10% health.

Use it wisely, or stop using it!!! <- Exactly what I said in that game.

Disci

Old man
If Disci isn't just messing around, then I'm gonna have to agree with him. Basically we went from snipe chasing being a problem (hornet) right into hornet bowlpartying(or the I'm not bowlpartying because I'm standing outside my base...) and sent/mortars diving into every single position there is.

I've never been this serious. Personaly I've no problems with mortar spamming *lovely lady* s mainly because I'm forced to avoid them, but the attitude is something I can't stand and this is why I'm always very strongly against these people. It doesn't limit itself to mortar using only but it's everything else too. Selfish playstyle and not caring about others has been growing ever since *fluffy-bunnies* like MightySheep found this game.

the people, who consistently tk in order to kill an ennemy or 2, are a bunch of ignorant, selfish and stupid douchebags. They will most likely ignore the complaining about tking and/or even argue that its worth killing a teammate in order to kill an ennemy. They just don't care.
actually it is worth killing a teammate, why? because killing a teammate doesn't remove enough score from you, when killing one removes 25 from your score at least then you would stay away from it and try to play better with the mortar

HellzHere

Now: [5-12] Sents in any game, the "HoFs" don't HoF they attempt to block and go off chasing with mortar (killing team chasers) and are no where to be found during standoffs. Mortars are shot left right and center and I'd be surprised if I didn't get tked 5 times a game either as a capper or chaser. Also because of this gameplay is reduced significantly (speed of the game) and standoffs don't occur as often as rarely anyone plays SaH or HoF anymore

I keep stating/implying that PUBS are the most important part of legions, yet any post regarding gameplay that isn't related in hypothetical situations/analogies to PuGs is just trolled immediately. Once our community realizes legions as a whole is a team game and not about getting the most fun you can at the expense of other people (apparently trolling/being an ass is fun?)

This. I mean if am being honest I havent really noticed the problem of mortars until recently since I dont play that much now or days. For example I just came off a ctf game on nivous where I was the only O for my team. Now whenever I went for the the flag, u would see 4 sents atleast shoot mortars at the flag, and if I do escape I just barely escape and just die because 2 of the sents are chasing me spamming mortars. Not to mention there was a sent trying to heavy cap/lama. Once I went for it, and was flying up towards the base and bumped into a sentital, but he didnt even OD me, he just flew up and shot a mortar at the flag....

Sentitals hav just got out of control here, but I believe problem we have here is that if they decrease the power it is more or less gonna be on par with the cluster and if they increase the power,well its obvious.

I guess the team-killing isnt really a problem with me, since I dont defend to much and if I do its to go chase so I dont stand on the flag stand. But to just see like 5 sents hovering over the flag stand firing mortars one after one when I am going for the flag.....

MightySheep

Didn't know you are from UK. I shall provide a pic of you as you decided to start to troll.

1078200702_bearfucker.JPG
lolwut there's no bears or lumberjacks in UK

or did you just google 'bad teeth' or something

YOU'RE FINNISH SO THIS IS YOU:
72080_469012163363_561048363_5844434_6337106_n.jpg

am i doin it right?

Disci

Old man
or did you just google 'bad teeth' or something

"sheep fucker". It was the only pic where was bad tooths too so doesn't really matter if it's a sheep or not. Any animal will do and people will get the image of inbreed sheep *dancing* retards. I'm glad you asked. It was a honor to explain this for you as I didn't think you would get it on your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.